Space Crusade PC game

1234 ... 6

Space Crusade PC game

LurchBrick
This post was updated on .
G'day everyone,

I created this Space Crusade PC game remake about 3 years ago as a demo and it never really progressed. But someone recently asked me if the project was dead and it rekindled my interest in getting this project finished. So after a few more months of work, I'm proud to present my gift to the SC community.

Download Link: Space Crusade zip file (30Mb)

And here is a screenshot:

The game is fairly simple to play, left click a marine to use him.
Left click an alien to shoot it, right click an alien to attack in hand to hand combat.
Please read the instruction file for detailed information on how to play the game.

Included are the 15 missions from the board game as well as a mission editor to make your own.

If you find any bugs scattered here and there, please post them so I can fix them and make this a better game.

Cheers

LB

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Evilgoat
hey LurchBrick

first up, awesome work!!  this looks like a labour of love and a lot of time spent by you..when are you planning on porting this to android?
I see you've added music since last i played your game. I was playing it for the first time late at night in silence thinking there was no sound on it until i used the missile launcher and the explosion nearly woke the whole house!! haha

I've been playing through the missions and have come across a few bugs, I thought you'd like to hear about..

1. The game crashed after I clicked to use my "fire" order card then use my commander in hand to hand with power sword. It must of thought I was trying to HTH twice.

2. On occasion in the aliens turn a blip is moving then thinks "screw this I'm going AWOL" and goes off the board and dissappears. one less alien to kill I guess.

3. When an alien event "battle plan" I think gives me a new card, I dont think I was able to choose it, i was just given random.

4. playing single player as Blood angels the alien event card came up "new orders" and I didn't get one, I needed it too :)

5. I'm guessing that for re-roll functions you have set it up to work automatic. sometimes I like to have the option in certain conditions whether to re-roll or not, as in with the missile launcher attack and you have friendlies in the blast zone but dont want to risk getting a 3 on a red by rerolling.

I'll continue letting you know if I find anything else, this is great work mate, I love it, the kids are all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake!!

if you are looking for some additional in game music get in contact with this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pS8RKse3dQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8vyYd6QEe4

cheers,

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Tony1978
Thank you Lurchbrick.
Until now I've played only with vassal
My work:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/39683/the-basical-logic-of-space-crusade (The basical logic of Space Crusade - ENG)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ui42yfyadpmgtn3 (An analysis of boarding squads - ITA)
http://www.mediafire.com/?uzprfbxl9nx6mmt ("A new hope" - Dinamic missions - ITA)

Re: Space Crusade PC game

LurchBrick
Glad you guys are enjoying the game. As always, a few bugs sneak in when you're not looking. Latest version is "SpaceCrusade1_2".

Evilgoat: I'll have a look at those bugs and see if I can fix those tonight.

Re: Space Crusade PC game

LurchBrick
Evilgoat:

A lot of the options in this game are automatic whereas in the board game, you could do them manually. Rerolling is one example that is automatically done. So for points 3 and 5, there is no manual option to select order cards or conduct rerolls when you choose.

Point 4 - Was the BA Commander still alive at this point? The game is setup so that if the Commander dies, you lose the ability to give orders. So if he's dead, that may be the reason why you didn't get an order. If he was alive, I'll have to look into this further.

Points 1 & 2 I'm looking into right now. Although I've never seen Point 2 occur anytime during my testing. Also, did you manage to save the error text that appeared? This will help me narrow down where the bug is. Any other information you can give when these bugs occurred would be of great help. E.g. the mission you were playing, which chapters were in the mission, the exact steps you took before the error occurred, which alien were you attacking, etc.

Thanks for the bug reports.

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Haste
Thank you very much !
Interface and sounds are really well done.

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Haste
I had the following error:

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of  Step Event0
for object alienmissile:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get 125115.object_index(13, -1)
at gml_Object_alienmissile_Step_0
############################################################################################

Re: Space Crusade PC game

LurchBrick
Do you still have the text from below the ####################? This will help me pinpoint where the eroor is occurring.

Also when did this occur? Was it a chaos marine or an ork using ork mekaniak event? And were they firing at a marine they were standing next to?

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Evilgoat
Lurchbrick,  I find the blip/alien moving offscreen fault, only happens if you have alien movement speed set to "quick" if that helps any.

this is for the BA commander clicking "fire" order card then going into Hand to hand... good luck :)

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Mouse Event for Right Pressed
for object alien:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.killalientype(100136, 0)
at gml_Script_calculateallkilledalienscr
############################################################################################
stack frame is
gml_Script_calculateallkilledalienscr (line 0)
gml_Script_marinedeath
gml_Script_calculatecombatresult
gml_Script_marinemeleeattack
gml_Script_canmeleeattackalien
gml_Object_alien_Mouse_5

Re: Space Crusade PC game

LurchBrick
This post was updated on .
Thanks again Evil goat. That error message pinpointed exactly where the problem is and it will be fixed in the next update.

I've looked into the offscreen blip bug also and you're right, it only happens in "quick" mode. This has also been fixed.

Thanks again for reporting these issues.

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Haste
Sorry I don't remember when this error occurred.
There wasn't more text.

I have another topic:
Blips can attack while they are blips.
Could a Chaos marine launch a missile on a case beside a marine while the Chaos marine is a blip ?

Re: Space Crusade PC game

LurchBrick
Have you seen blips attack marines besides when this error occurred?

I believe this error occurred just before the blip revealed itself thus it looked like the blip was attacking but it was still in the process of changing into an alien.

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Haste
LurchBrick wrote
I believe this error occurred just before the blip revealed itself thus it looked like the blip was attacking but it was still in the process of changing into an alien.
I think it was that but I am not sure.

There are also this kind of error when I change several times of windows (VLC to change playlist).
The first thing is green lines that appear after I changed windows (using ALT-TAB):

Then the error after the Alien turn:

Re: Space Crusade PC game

LurchBrick
Those green lines are some debugging code I left in the game. I'll remove them in the next update.

Did that error occur while the lines were on the screen?

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Haste
Green lines weren't on the screen because it was the Alien turn.
But the green lines were on the screen before the Alien turn.

Re: Space Crusade PC game

LurchBrick
One last question, were any marines killed during the alien turn before the error occurred?

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Haste
I am sorry I don't remember.
I will tell you next time

Re: Space Crusade PC game

LurchBrick
A new update is ready for download (link in first post - v1_3).

This update fixes a number of bugs as well as adding 2 new buttons that display your current objectives.

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Haste
My Blood Angel commander died but I start the next mission with my 8 equipments and 3 orders.
I think I should start with a new commander as sergent.

Could you add the choice of commander grade when we select a mission please ?

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Evilgoat
dont worry lurchbrick we'll keep you busy! haha

I've been playing through the latest version and have come across a couple of things, nothing major that crashes the game or anything.

1) i was trying to get behind an enemy with my imperial fist commander to use the plasma combi weapon, and it wouldn't let me move behind him because the squares that i wanted to walk on were the reinforcement spawn points.

2) in the card selection screen, when specifying where the targeters go onto weapons, when i go to put targeter 2 onto a weapon, I can still see the weapon that I have already attached targeter 1 to as an option to put targeter 2 onto.

3) when setting up my squads weapons, if I click onto the marine by mistake and i dont want to change his weapon if i then goto 'done'  it wont let me leave the screen until i have selected something, so i have to go thru the motion of selecting a different weapon, then click on the marine again then select the weapon he had originally..if you get what i mean.

4) I'm still not sure if the event cards that give new orders is working, I have blood angels taking in 4 order cards, and I used one, and battleplans came up.. i'm the only squad in the game and I dont think i got a new order card... could this be because it is randomly generated card and I already had that card that it chose to give me....hmmm not sure.

like a said, nothing major, I'm only picking up on this stuff, because I cant stop playing it!!  LOL

cheers,
1234 ... 6