http://www.manticgames.com/

21 Comments

CatBlack CatBlack

Re: Mantic games

hi,

just had a quick look at this and the minis look pretty good!  So much so that I'm probably going to buy some.  Reasonable costs too.  Elves just happen to be my favorites, cheers for the link!

Oh, they don't have many pics of finished minis but I found some in an area they've called The Library.  Got a few extra in there along with some background info.
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Mantic games

I like these! They are real multi-part plastics with lots of extras like GW were producing at the beginning of the decade and they look to be high quality too. The foam-lined box which becomes a mini-transport case once your minis are finished is a great innovation and the whole package is about half the price of a GW regiment of the same size!

So it looks like you’ve found a cheaper, high quality and well-presented alternative to GW’s plastics.

The only model I don’t like that much is the blot-thrower, but the rest of minis look awesome, if a little thin, but then again they are Elves. One thing I particularly like is that they would paint up well as High Elves or Dark Elves (even Woodelves at a stretch)

I’m looking forward to seeing what Mantic do with other races, lets hope we see some more stuff from them soon!
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
Talsin Talsin

Re: Mantic games

They do look good actually, hmmm when/ if bonus comes in may have to order some.

hmmm
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: Mantic games

Latest rumours are that mantic games are doing undead next with possible rumblings of dwarves after that but I'd not want to be quoted on that.
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: Mantic games

slight update, found some concept art:

If they do armoured skellies like those I'll defenately have a few! (yay for armoured undead!)
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Mantic games

The armoured skeletons look great, but what I can’t wait to have is the Skeletal Hounds!
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: Mantic games

Just checked up on Mantic and their undead are comming along nicely.

Skeleton dogs and new elven cat thing.

Skellies:

Do like these appart from the heads, I'll probably get a set and replace the heads with leftovers from the GW skeletons.
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Mantic games

I quite like the heads, they look like the Deadites from the Evil Dead trilogy. The hooded head is awesome and brings up the possibility of converting a plastic wraith.
The weapons will probably need to be swapped out, those axes are way too small, but over all a good sprue I wouldn’t mind getting hold of. Much better than the plastic roman skeletons from Zvezda’s ‘Ring of Rule’ sets.
The skeletal hound looks nice too and makes for a nice new creature type for my undead. Like wise the Elf-cat looks great and I’m sure Little Kat and Big Cat will be wanting to add 1 or 2 to their collections.

Did anyone else notice 1 of the legs/back pieces appears to have been already removed from the sprue in the photo?
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
little kat little kat

Re: Mantic games

Oh my god they lush and Iam so want to get some for mysalf

Kat - The Encyclopedin of Krynn

Mantic really are going to kick the crap out of GW if this continues. GOOD LOOKING PLATSICS OMFG:
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Mantic games

For the record: cheap, high quality, versatile multi-part with some nice little extras included – everything GW's plastics arn't. Mantic are exactly what the miniatures industry has needed for a long time. GW's price increases and recent drop in quality had left a huge gap in the market, I think it's safe to say Mantic have started to fill that gap, so lets all go buy some of their products and let them know we are grateful!
I certainly want some of their Undead minis, the Elf collectors in my group love Mantic's Elves and I'm sure that it won't be long before Mantic are producing high quality minis for all you fans of Dwarfs, Humans, Beastmen and many other races...

The new ghouls look pretty good, although I'm not too keen on the rake-like fighting claw one of them has attached to his arm but I'm sure (knowing Mantic) it's probably optional and if not, it's nothing a pair of clippers can't sort out.

Also don't forget the new Skeleton War-Machines, which also look quite nice (not sure about the casting on the War-Machine's arm though, but it might just be picture)
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
Talsin Talsin

Re: Mantic games

I have to say I am very impressed with Mantic actually. Placed an order for some skeletons on 27 jan, and it arrived today.

The skeletons look cool and there is one skeletal dog in each regiment, along with piles of bones and one rising from the grave.
All in all very impressive.
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: Mantic games

That's cool, any chance you can take some good pictures or scan in the sprues for us to see what's there?
Talsin Talsin

Re: Mantic games

the other frame is shown on the mantic blog, in a much better image than i can generate.

link below

http://www.manticblog.com/
Talsin Talsin

Re: Mantic games

Hey hey all,

So as i know everyone is dying (pun not intended) to see some Mantic Skeletons i have a pic of 20 assembled skelies. They are missing spears, this is only tempory.

yes i know the guy on the extreme right is missing a head, spotted this when i went to paint him.

Mortis has some comparison pics between mantic and gw skeletons, and i will let him post these.

Oh and for all fans of the stunted ones, have i got a suprise for you!!!

Talsin
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Mantic games

This post was updated on .
The other day 'Talsin' (Dan) was kind enough to let me photograph some of his Mantic Skeletons next to a few of my Citadel ones and having now seen the Mantic Skeletons in the flesh (so to speak) I will definitely be ordering a box or 2 for myself

Mantic/Citadel Skeletons comparison

1: Citadel Plastic Skeleton circa 6th edition
2: Mantic Plastic Skeleton
3: Current Citadel 'Vampire Counts' Plastic Skeleton

Please note fans of the classic Citadel Plastic Skeletons that I couldn't find any of my 'Skeleton Hoard' skeletons at the time of taking the pictures, sorry I will rectify this at a later date

As you can see the Mantic Skeletons are about the same hight as both the Citadel ones (taking into account the new Citadel Skeleton being in a silly-knees-bent-running-about-advancing pose)
The Mantic skeleton's weapons are smaller than both the Citadel ones and while both the Citadel Skeletons have separate shields, all but a few of the Mantic Skeleton come with the shield and arm fixed to the body. However most of the Mantic skeleton's weapons come separate and are glued into the skeleton's empty hand (this makes weapon swaps easier if you don't like the small Mantic weapons).
The Skeletal Hound from the Mantic Sprue (not pictured) is in fact a lot smaller than I expected, it's about the size of a smaller Giant Rat, because of this I plan to trim the collars off and use mine as Skeletal Rats (I have an undead Skaven Warrior, so why not?)
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: Mantic games

hmm well they do look nice, thought they were going to be bulky compared to the GW ones but they look fine. I'll have to put some money aside for a box.
Sjeng Sjeng

Re: Mantic games

I'm expecting a box of Mantic's Morgoth's Revenge game this week. :D Dwarves and undead of all sorts, for merely €39,95!

There's a follow-up box out now, called Morgoth Rising, which has a few different dwarves, so more variety. Probably why the older box is cheaper now.
Eager HeroQuest newbie since july 2011 :D
Check my Custom EU format card sets!
Ye Olde Inn | HeroQuest blog with lots of usefull stuff
seanpatrick seanpatrick

Re: Mantic games

I'm loving Mantic's KOW stuff but I really need them to get some srmies of men into the fray.  Any idea what kind of humans there will be in Mantic's setting?  I'd rather hope they may go for a LOTR or D&D style instead of the "Gothic Empire" style of Games Workshop.

Also - has anyone on the forum bought & played Dwarf King's Hold yet?  I'm getting tempted...
Remember, sometimes you roll a one... http://dungeon-gamer.blogspot.co.uk
greenstuff_gav greenstuff_gav

Re: Mantic games

as far as i know they aren't planning humans; Gripping Beast and Perrys do compatibles (and Fireforge plastics feature in the Mantic books)...

gots me some undead but still gotta assemble 'em
12