its a fucking headscratcher....

10 Comments

BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: YOUR STARTER FOR TEN: whats the difference?

well I wouldn't call those three new, they're from back about 97/98 I believe. I totally agree but I think that new figure is meant to be a character, which have always cost more for no reason what so ever.
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: YOUR STARTER FOR TEN: whats the difference?

nah man these are new releases thatcame out with the new demolisher... im fairly certain

the old ones were much ropeyer and only fitted the "OLD" LR cupola
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
SamuelF SamuelF

Re: YOUR STARTER FOR TEN: whats the difference?

The bottom three look to me the better sculpts compared to the top guy. Do GW ever justify their product prices?
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: YOUR STARTER FOR TEN: whats the difference?

Nah they're the 'special edition' metal commanders from the old IG tank sets, got a WD from 99 here with them in (priced at £1.75 each in case you're wondering). I think they've been released as a pack before now too.

I'm pretty sure they're Michael Perry sculpts which is why they're so damn nice, the guy with the bolt pistol is possibly one of the coolest tank commander figures ever.
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: YOUR STARTER FOR TEN: whats the difference?

SamuelF wrote
Do GW ever justify their product prices?
hell no, if they could do that we'd repect them ...
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: YOUR STARTER FOR TEN: whats the difference?

i appear to stand corrected... sorry! xxxxx
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: YOUR STARTER FOR TEN: whats the difference?

oooo £1.75 each??? at £6 a pop for all three thats pretty good inflation busting value...
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
MarkRG MarkRG

Re: YOUR STARTER FOR TEN: whats the difference?

Hi Mate iv been away abit, I have all three of these tank commander models, the ones with the bolt pistols came with the lemon russ D. back in 1996. if you check out my old tank models you will see them.

Game on.
-- Mark RG (Game on)
meangreenstompa meangreenstompa

Re: YOUR STARTER FOR TEN: whats the difference?

It's part of GW's ridiculous pricing by rarity in codex. It's why a box of 'goldswords' cost £25 for 10 when militia cost £18 for 20... GW's answer is 'because they are elite'. In this case, the top mini is a special character.

That's the sum reason.  The other answer is because they're greedy bastards.
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: YOUR STARTER FOR TEN: whats the difference?

meangreenstompa wrote
It's part of GW's ridiculous pricing by rarity in codex. It's why a box of 'goldswords' cost £25 for 10 when militia cost £18 for 20... GW's answer is 'because they are elite'. In this case, the top mini is a special character.
it seems some-what akin to the way some companies (lets call them Wizkids of the Coast) market their crappy pre-painted 'collectable miniatures', making character and 'unique' models more expensive because they are more 'desirable', it's a total rip-off for the buyer (have you seen how much a crappy plastic Drow is?)