Donno how old this news will be to you lot but I came across some quite promissing pictures of new ork models. They're here. The plasic grots is what I'm most interested in but if the rumour of 10 with a hearder per box I'm not sure how many I'd get, especially if they're going to be at the sort of £10-12 mark!

4 Comments

precinctomega precinctomega

Re: Upcomming Ork Releases

Damn GW's ability to release new armies more quickly than I can paint them!!  Damn them!

R.
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Upcomming Ork Releases

Those plastic Grots kinda remind me of the plastic Gnoblars, looks like their another addition to GW's current line of debatably multi-part plastics – one of them even appears to have a solid mass of plastic  joining it's arms, head and upper body into a detail-less mess

 ^ multipart? not quite

Sure these miniatures look great head on but I'm sure (like most of the newer plastics) once you turn them 90-degrees so your looking along their molding plane they look like a formless blob

The rest looks good and I like the Battlewagon especially (apart from the tracks, which look rather toy-ish)

the FW Grots as usual for FW figures look great but aren't worth playing FW prices for

BTW talking of Multi-part plastics ... I got a box of the new plastic Chaos Hounds – they come in 2 half's like a fucking easter egg only the horns and tails are separate ... oh and they are SMALLER than Dire Wolves
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: Upcomming Ork Releases

I'm not to fussed about the new grots being only limited pose figures, they'll do fine for starting off a gorkamorka rebel grot gang for sure!

That added to the fact that I'm sure most ork players would rather have cheap and easy to put together grots seeing as they're going to be needing a whole lot of them.

For 40k though I'd rather have the equivelant points cost in basic orks rather than taking grots.
MarkRG MarkRG

Re: Upcomming Ork Releases

I too agree with this, i sold off my grots ages ago.

i would like to see a rock lobber throwing buzz bombs again or even somesort of silly big bomb that can malfunction and blow it's self up. so long as it's fun who cares.

Game on.
-- Mark RG (Game on)