Game on

6 Comments

SamuelF SamuelF

Re: Space Dwarfs

I've been out of the 40k loop for quite a while. Am I right in hearing that the Squats have been squished? I used to love the hard little basterds back in Epic days. Aaah *look of wistful nostalgia*
MarkRG MarkRG

Re: Space Dwarfs

Yes they disappeared in 3rd ed. i never got a chance to fight them or game with them
-- Mark RG (Game on)
SamuelF SamuelF

Re: Space Dwarfs

Part of a streamlining process no doubt. Its a shame, variety being the spice of life, but I don't think GW were ever quite comfortable with the concept cross-over to 'Dwarves in Space'.
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: Space Dwarfs

im going to get flamed here but i can see why they dropped them...

they didnt do much different to a themed marine chapter and at the end of the day they were dwarves in space.

i guess they wanted 40k to stand alone a bit more.

saying that if you have a box of em in your loft from back in the day get on ebay right now!
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Space Dwarfs

you might shocked to find out that I infact totally agree with you, they didn't fit in well with the 40k background and GW were right to drop them
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: Space Dwarfs

wow... for someone used to whineseer i feel quite odd...
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch