Sisters of Battle in Space Crusade

MortiS-the-Lost
This has been a long time coming and ended up being a bit more work than I intended, but here at last after a prolonged play-test period are The Sisters of Battle rules for Space Crusade. I hope all you Sisters of Battle fans out there enjoy them.

The Sisters of Battle Background

The Adepta Sororitas, commonly known as 'The Sisters of Battle' are a sisterhood of dedicated female warriors belonging to the 'Ecclesiarchy', the religious arm of the Imperial government. The Sisters devotedly serve the Emperor of Mankind bringing his light to the darkest corners of the galaxy - fighting heretic and alien alike with bolter, flamer and meltagun.

Battle Sisters are highly trained and have access to some of the best and most advanced equipment the Imperium has to offer. On the battlefield most Battle Sisters wear power armour and favour the holy trinity of bolter, melta or flamer weapons. The Sisters typically fight in squads led by a Sister Superior, who in turn takes orders from a Canoness. The actual composition of squads and weaponry will depend on the Order Militant and the battle doctrines taught within.

But what distinguishes the Sisterhood even more than their armour and weapons is their faith. Their belief in the God-Emperor is absolute and it is said, their faith so strong it will manifest in many ways, from shielding His servants from harm to instilling in them the ability to cleave a foe in twain or to fire a bolter round into the eye of a target from a great distance. Such miracles, no matter how small, serve to not only refortify the Sisters' faith in their Saviour but also make them one of the most deadly fighting forces in the galaxy.

Using a Sisters of Battle Squad in Space Crusade

A player may choose to field a Squad of Sisters of Battle instead of a Squad of Space Marines.
A Sisters of Battle Squad consists of 1 Sister Superior, 3 Battle Sisters and 1 Sister Retributor
Sisters of Battle Squads follow all the same rules as Space Marine Squads and count as Space Marines for the purposes of the effects of Alien Event cards and so on.
The Sister Superior is the equivalent of a Space Marine Commander, Battle Sisters are the equivalent of Space Marines with Bolters and the Sister Retributor is the equivalent of a Space Marine with a Heavy Weapon

Special Weapons

The Flamer, Melta-Gun and Storm Bolter are Special Weapons and may only be included in your Squad if you have taken the Special Weapon Equipment Card. You may never have more than 1 Special Weapon in your Sisters of Battle Squad. A Special Weapons is not a Heavy Weapon, it does not effect the moment of the Battle Sister carrying it and may not be used in conjunction with Equipment or Order Cards that only work with Heavy Weapons. The Alien Player may however play the 'Out of Ammo' and 'Weapons Jammed' Alien Event cards on a Special Weapon as if it were a Heavy Weapon.

Rules for the New Weapons

Master Crafted Heavy Bolter
The Master Crafted Heavy Bolter used by the Sisters of Battle follows all the same rules for the Heavy Bolter used by the Space Marine Scouts in WD134 (including the rules for the Hell Fire rounds) the only difference is that the Master Crafted Heavy Bolter rolls 2 Red Dice and 1 White Dice when firing as a Heavy Bolter

Heavy Flamer
The rules for the Heavy Flamer are provided in WD134 as part of the Terminator Rules

Multi Melta
Multi-Melta is another name given to the Fusion Gun described in Mission Dreadnought and follows exactly the same rules.

Flamer
The Flamer  follows the same rules as the Heavy Flamer described in WD134 but rolls 1 Red Dice and 1 White Dice and has a 4 Square (2x2) area of effect.

Melta-Gun
The Melta-Gun follows the same rules as the Fusion Gun in Mission Dreadnought but rolls 1 Red Dice and 1 White Dice

Storm Bolter
The rules for the Storm Bolter are provided in WD134 as part of the Terminator Rules

The Cards

The Sisters of Battle Order and Equipment cards are designed to printed as 2 sided cards using the following method: use the Window Picture and Fax Viewer and Print using the 'Centre and Rotate to fit' option, print the front first and then turn the paper over left to right (being careful to check the orientation of the paper) and then print the back and all going well they will line up with in a millimetre or so. For best results print on the thickest paper your printer will take and purchase a round corner cutter to make the corners match the original Space Crusade cards.

Sisters_Equip1_front_copy.jpg

Sisters_Equip1_back_copy.jpg

Sisters_Equip2_front_copy.jpg

Sisters_Equip2_back_copy.jpg

Sisters_Orders_front_copy.jpg

Sisters_Orders_back_copy.jpg
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Sisters of Battle in Space Crusade

SamuelF
Wow, I'm amazed that no-one has commented on this yet considering the number of views.

Legendary effort! Stuff like this breathes new life into these classic games. Makes me want to crack out my set and give it a whirl.

..Sooo ..When are they gonna start paying you to do this?

Re: Sisters of Battle in Space Crusade

messyart
Administrator
I give him salt and vinegar crisps from time to time.
:3
Mankinds first mistake; Questioning why those around him, are dying.

Re: Sisters of Battle in Space Crusade

MortiS-the-Lost
Thanks, yea we don't seem to be getting many comments at the moment - still at least people are looking
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Sisters of Battle in Space Crusade

tallyho
This post was updated on .
Great job as always Mortis.
Female warriors in SC sounds great.
But the figures SoB are to exspensive.

Heres a alternative i found:

http://forums.tauonline.org/hobby/25528-new-valkyries-omnissiah-squad-along-female-space-marine-faq.html

Scroll down the page, and you will find several pages regarding these figures.
Great stuff.
O` the bells.....the bells....

Re: Sisters of Battle in Space Crusade

MortiS-the-Lost
Administrator
tallyho wrote
Great job as always Mortis.
Female warriors in SC sounds great.
But the figures SoB are to exspensive.
Yea like all GW products, the Sisters of Battle are stupidly expensive, terrible value for money and I wouldn't recommend buying them - these rules were more aimed at people who already had Sisters miniatures they'd like to use in Space Crusade and I certainly don't expect people to go out and buy Sisters just to use with these rules (especially not brand new direct from GW!)

tallyho wrote
Heres a alternative i found:

http://forums.tauonline.org/hobby/25528-new-valkyries-omnissiah-squad-along-female-space-marine-faq.html

Scroll down the page, and you will find several pages regarding these figures.
Great stuff.

Those are nice conversions and scratch building a few Sisters like that are certainly an option if you have the parts already - I wouldn't like to think how much you might have to spend getting hold of all the different parts needed.

There are a few companies out there making their power-armoured women miniatures, but not enough (or in enough variety) to make squads from - which is sad really, but maybe Mantic or some one will come up trumps some time soon. Still in the meantime it might be possible to convert some existing power-armoured females into a full squad with a little work and some spare weapons. And on that note, I think it's about time we did a thread in Miniatures Discussions about power-armoured females.
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Sisters of Battle in Space Crusade

Captin Kabeered
Hello Mortis,

You are super. Thank you very much for the new SC players rules and cards. Sisters Of  Battle .

I have been unable to post for a while as I have not had the internet working.  I'm back and you have added extra SC rules and cards.

Re: Sisters of Battle in Space Crusade

Legiocustodes
Guys,

I'm currently in Afghanistan with the army so I don't get online as much as I would like, but I've just seen this and had to say 'Awesome job', it makes me want to go home and break out my SoB models and my SC and play a few games!!

Re: Sisters of Battle in Space Crusade

Removed
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Sisters of Battle in Space Crusade

Conorius
I am not sure  your Sister sould have a Master Crafted Heavy Bolter and Fire Shells!
But Your Calculation of a Master Crafted Heavy Bolter was right! 2R +2 = 2R +1W

I have corrected your worth:

[Click to View Image]

1st) Bolter have 2W for a normal Bolter and 2R for a Master Crafted Bolter
2nd) Power Sword have 1R & 1W dice!

3rd) by a Close Combat count every weapon in Hand!
Sword + Bolter as Conventional Combat Weapon

A Conventional Combat Weapon has the power of the wearer !

by a Space Marine  with strength: 4 = 2W dice
by a Sister of Battle with strength: 3 = 1R dice

[Click to View Image]

How the Flamer works you can see in Space Crusade Voyage Beyond
and Melter is the same like Plasma Gun but roll seperatly for each target!

EDIT:
If you give the Sister Superior a Boltpistol and not a Bolter she have in Hand to Hand Combat:
2R + 2W dices!

Example:
1R & 1W for the Sword (left Weapon)
+
1R for the Boltpistol as Conventional Combat Weapon (right Weapon)
+
1W for Pistol Weapons Bonus
space-crusade.de

star-quest.de live again under www.starquest.co.nr

Re: Sisters of Battle in Space Crusade

MortiS-the-Lost
I don't mean to be rude here, but I really do not appreciate you trying to “correct” my rules.

Over all you have completely unbalanced the squad and misunderstood the rules, I understand that this is probably due to you basing your ideas on 'StarQuest 40,000' which in itself has many, many balance issues because it's been based on modern 40k ideas (which is why I don't use those rules)

I have my reasons for my rules being the way they are: My rules are based on the original Space Crusade and the rules that appeared in White Dwarf and took months of play-testing (both with and with out my own optional house rules for the heavy weapons)

Conorius wrote
I am not sure  your Sister sould have a Master Crafted Heavy Bolter and Fire Shells!
But Your Calculation of a Master Crafted Heavy Bolter was right! 2R +2 = 2R +1W

The reason for having a Master Crafted Heavy Bolter with the extra 1W is to balance the abilities of the model vs the Scout with Heavy Bolter in WD134 and the Heavy Bolter carried by the Space Marine Captains in Space Crusade

Conorius wrote
1st) Bolter have 2W for a normal Bolter and 2R for a Master Crafted Bolter
2nd) Power Sword have 1R & 1W dice!
A) I did not list the sister superior as having a Master Crafted Bolter
B) She uses 1R 1W for her Bolter because she is the squad leader (note the terminator Captain in WD134 uses 2R for his Storm Bolter instead of the regular 1R 1W for the same reason and you can note the same effect again with Scout Captain)

For balance purposes all Power Weapons should roll 2R like the Power Axe when being used in conjunction with a ranged weapon - a Chain Sword would roll 1R 1W (again see WD134)
While you have probably derived your idea of the Power Sword by halving the dice of the Space Marine captain with Power Fist and Power Sword for 2R 2W to 1R 1W the space crusade rules simply don't work that way for balance reasons
Also your edit of that part of my reference sheet is rather confusing

Conorius wrote
A Conventional Combat Weapon has the power of the wearer !

by a Space Marine  with strength: 4 = 2W dice
by a Sister of Battle with strength: 3 = 1R dice
Firstly I'm using Space Crusade rules as the basis for my rules and not modern 40k stats, secondly 1R in Close Combat completely unbalances the squad.

Conorius wrote
How the Flamer works you can see in Space Crusade Voyage Beyond
and Melter is the same like Plasma Gun but roll seperatly for each target!
My Flamer rules are a scaled down version of the Heavy Flamer Rules in WD134 which is turn were based on way Flamers work in Space Hulk - the '40k style' template rules you've suggested for the flamer makes the weapon tactically useless in the enclosed environment of the Space Crusade boards and what's more you didn't bother to apply the same rule alteration to the Heavy Flamer so you've ended up with a heavy and regular version of the same weapon rolling the same dice and with totally different effects

again the 'Voyage Beyond' rules you've got there are really unbalanced especially when you apply them to my rules for Special Weapons - what you've done here is made Special Weapons the same as Heavy Weapons and caused all kinds of balance issues because of the moment rates and squad composition. The Melta rolls 1R 1W to balance it with the other special weapons, it is not a Heavy Weapon and is not comparable to the Plasma Gun (which is a Heavy Weapon under Space Crusade rules).

Conorius wrote
If you give the Sister Superior a Boltpistol and not a Bolter she have in Hand to Hand Combat:
2R + 2W dices!

Example:
1R & 1W for the Sword (left Weapon)
+
1R for the Boltpistol as Conventional Combat Weapon (right Weapon)
+
1W for Pistol Weapons Bonus
I'm not sure what you're on about here - the  Sister Superior doesn’t use the Bolt Pistol Equipment card and even if she did it would not replace her Bolter

To sum up - please read WD134 carefully and bear in mind I have avoided comparisons to modern 40k rules for reasons of balance and compatibility with the existing Space Crusade rules when working on my own rules

also check out my Space Hulk inspired house rules for the heavy weapons Here and Here
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Sisters of Battle in Space Crusade

MarkRG
Hi mort
somehow i missed this post but great work. M
-- Mark RG (Game on)

Re: Sisters of Battle in Space Crusade

Conorius
I agree MarkRG you done great work!

The cards with Fix was only based on Space Crusade!

But i mean it not bad!

What you call StarQuest 40.000 is only the Name of a Turnament book and PC Game from actioncom!
On this System is nothing unballenced, why it is still Space Crusade plus expantion Rules from Original Expantions and own creation of Actioncom and ohters!
The Weapons all are orineted by the Core StarQuest / Space Crusade Rules.
And the new one look at what is given by SC and looked by 40k how the feel toplay.
The last what i wanna do is tuch the core Rules from Space Crusade!

MortiS-the-Lost wrote
The reason for having a Master Crafted Heavy Bolter with the extra 1W is to balance the abilities of the model vs the Scout with Heavy Bolter in WD134 and the Heavy Bolter carried by the Space Marine Captains in Space Crusade
I had understand the have a Master Crafted Heavy Bolter and Hellfire Shells.
But i like the idea of an "Master Crafted Heavy Bolter" as holy weapon for them :)

For me is the Hellfire Amunition to many but by playing can chose the player how he shoot and thats ok i think.

The Terminator Captain?
Master Crafted Storm Bolter and Master Crafted Power Sword from the Terminator Sergeant ( WD 134 Eng / Page5 ) have 2 Red dice, familar to the Chaos Commanders in Voyage Beyond with 2 Red dice for his Master Crafted Bolter or his Master Crafted Boltpistol.

Why you should have the Sister Supreme given somewhat weaker ???
I just did not understand why you: given a bolter the power of a Sturmbotler ?!
like i said:
Bolter: 2W > Stormbolter: 1R & 1W > Master Crafted Bolter: 2R

I dislike the unballance from Space Crusade too but
Power Glove: 1R+1W
Power Sword: 1R+1W
1 Lighting Claw: 1R + 1W ( i think here they must be stronger)

and only Thunder Hammer and Power Axe are stronger with 2R
(the Thunder Hammer is clear)

my Question is: do you think not is unfair when a GSG Commander fight aginst her

He have Power Sword = 1R & 1W
and She have Power Sword = 2R

???
( ...by this example i let the Power Glove with reason out! )

    A Conventional Combat Weapon has the power of the wearer !

<quote author="MortiS-the-Lost">
    by a Space Marine  with strength: 4 = 2W dice
    by a Sister of Battle with strength: 3 = 1R dice

Firstly I'm using Space Crusade rules as the basis for my rules and not modern 40k stats, secondly 1R in Close Combat completely unbalances the squad.
<quote>
Note: The strength of an weapon is the maximum Number of your dice!
( In some cases it varies by 1 point, so I understand why you give their Sisters 2 light weapon dice! )

Re: your flamer
I think your flamer rules are perfect for the Flamer-Pistol.
A Guy you sure remember too hwo the 40k 2nd ED Flamer Pistol was and how cool the looked by Seraphim Troops and Space Marine Assault Troops :D

but your explain give me another View of the way you have used your Weapons.

RE: WD134
I have read him Many Times!
My English is not the best thats sure but i have made sure i have him 100% understand!
But you must know i play Space Crusade with more Figures and Weapon configureations as give in the Main Box or the Expanstions!

With the Boltpistol was meaned as an alternativ Weapon configureation!

NOTE: the Pistol Bonus is a german Optional Rule to made the game more sens!
The complet Troop Space Marine is armed with Boltpistol who wear a bolter (3 Marines posible)
thank the bolt-pistol card.

But why have the Commander not the Extra light weapon dice ?
This made no sens!!!
Actioncom mean when you made Space Marine Assault Troops for Space Crusade the Bonus is need!
(i agree him)
and with this give you and option to give the GSG Commander, Chaos Commander, Ork Nob or Eldar Exarch 1 extra White dice!

by space mariens is this really need!

the Boltpistol and Power axe take no one in germany why the Heavy Bolder have more Fire Power and the Power Glove and Power Swor more in Hand to Hand!
When the Commanders have this Bonus this weapon configureation find use!

How feel this for you guys ?
Do you use power axe and bolt pistol ?

I have Edit this why this is no official rule !

I did not want to do their work badly!
Please Do not get me wrong.
I also love your design of your Reference cards

Is the whole material generally for space crusade,  or only for a specific scenario?

How much precious time you have used for all of this ?

and a last Question:
Have i understand you right:
' your special weapons do not slow the movement from 6 to 4 ? '
space-crusade.de

star-quest.de live again under www.starquest.co.nr

Re: Sisters of Battle in Space Crusade

MortiS-the-Lost

Conorius wrote
What you call StarQuest 40.000 is only the Name of a Turnament book and PC Game from actioncom!
On this System is nothing unballenced, why it is still Space Crusade plus expantion Rules from Original Expantions and own creation of Actioncom and ohters!
The Weapons all are orineted by the Core StarQuest / Space Crusade Rules.
And the new one look at what is given by SC and looked by 40k how the feel toplay.
The last what i wanna do is tuch the core Rules from Space Crusade!
To be fair I wasn't sure whether it was called StarQuest 40.000, Voyage Beyond or something else but it all seemed to be under the same header but what I've read was a re-hash of Space Crusade with lots of extra weapons and other stuff from modern 40k added with no concern for game balance. It just reads as an attempt to make Space Crusade into 40k. Most of the weapons are over powered. - anyway I don't use those rules

Conorius wrote
I had understand the have a Master Crafted Heavy Bolter and Hellfire Shells.
But i like the idea of an "Master Crafted Heavy Bolter" as holy weapon for them :)

For me is the Hellfire Amunition to many but by playing can chose the player how he shoot and thats ok i think.
I've used exactly the same Hellfire Ammunition rules as given in WD134

MortiS-the-Lost wrote
Master Crafted Heavy Bolter
The Master Crafted Heavy Bolter used by the Sisters of Battle follows all the same rules for the Heavy Bolter used by the Space Marine Scouts in WD134 (including the rules for the Hell Fire rounds) the only difference is that the Master Crafted Heavy Bolter rolls 2 Red Dice and 1 White Dice when firing as a Heavy Bolter
Terminator Commander/Terminator Captain

Conorius wrote
The Terminator Captain?
Master Crafted Storm Bolter and Master Crafted Power Sword from the Terminator Sergeant ( WD 134 Eng / Page5 ) have 2 Red dice, familar to the Chaos Commanders in Voyage Beyond with 2 Red dice for his Master Crafted Bolter or his Master Crafted Boltpistol.
Nowhere in WD134 does it state the Terminator Commander has Master Crafted Weapons and I do not base my rules on those rules from Voyage Beyond

Conorius wrote
like i said:
Bolter: 2W > Stormbolter: 1R & 1W > Master Crafted Bolter: 2R
Also I think you are confusing 'Master Crafted Bolter' with 'Heavy Bolter', but I don't know if the German rules are worded differently in that respect

but let me try and explain my reasons again:

Storm Bolter in the hands of a regular Terminator: 1R 1W
Storm Bolter in the hands of a Terminator Commander: 2R

therefore:

Bolter in the hands of a normal Battle Sister: 2W
Bolter in the hands of a Sister Superior : 1R 1W

Exactly the same thing can been seen with the Space Marine Scouts and their Commander

Conorius wrote
by a Space Marine  with strength: 4 = 2W dice
by a Sister of Battle with strength: 3 = 1R dice

Note: The strength of an weapon is the maximum Number of your dice!
( In some cases it varies by 1 point, so I understand why you give their Sisters 2 light weapon dice! )
That is basing your rules on modern 40k - I do not base my rules on modern 40k, only Space Crusade and in some cases Space Hulk.

Conorius wrote
Have i understand you right:
' your special weapons do not slow the movement from 6 to 4 ? '
correct, as stated in my rules:

“The Flamer, Melta-Gun and Storm Bolter are Special Weapons and may only be included in your Squad if you have taken the Special Weapon Equipment Card. You may never have more than 1 Special Weapon in your Sisters of Battle Squad. A Special Weapons is not a Heavy Weapon, it does not effect the moment of the Battle Sister carrying it and may not be used in conjunction with Equipment or Order Cards that only work with Heavy Weapons. The Alien Player may however play the 'Out of Ammo' and 'Weapons Jammed' Alien Event cards on a Special Weapon as if it were a Heavy Weapon.”

As for the rest; I've already explained and would only be repeating myself - check my rules against those given in WD134 and Mission Dreadnought and read carefully

Also I do not draw on rules from fan-made expansions because I want to keep my rules 100% compatible with the original Space Crusade so anyone can use my rules without having to look up rules from other sources

Finally:

Conorius wrote
Is the whole material generally for space crusade,  or only for a specific scenario?

How much precious time you have used for all of this ?
The Sisters of Battle rules (and any other Space Crusade rules I've made) are designed to be 100% compatible with Space Crusade and it's official expansions with out any alteration to the basic rules.
The rules have been written with the help of my group of regular players and have been heavily play-tested to make sure they are fully perfected, balance and compatible.

Thus me and my players have put uncounted days, weeks and months into these rules before you see the finished product here on the forum

BTW If you wish to discuss the Space Marine Commander's weapons choices please start a new thread
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Sisters of Battle in Space Crusade

Conorius
1st the space Marine Picture is funny !

I read your Weapon Topic soon!
I have take yesterday a short look - and it looks interesting!

By the Heavy Flamer i think of the SQ and SH Rules too ;D

The Head is Actioncom ( he is my Buddy )
He watch much on ballance and think of this Rules from 1993 on to today!
He wanna all time made us fans the other races playable

You're confusing hopefully not SC40k with Star Quest Reloaded.

SC40k:
... take normal SC core rules and do not tuch them!
Expantion gives many ways (balanced) to play 40k races in Space Crusade.
And shows the User what they can do with SC when they have played all Missions. (How to crate own) the Rule Book have a section with optional Rules where the players group can use but not must!
Note: the best in the SC40k Book is the 5 Ways to play Space Crusade ^^ (but is my meaning)

StarQuest Reloaded :
... is a full new Space Crusade with own balance rules oriented by Warhammer 40.000 4th Edition.

>> I've used exactly the same Hellfire Ammunition rules as given in WD134

Sure this was not to over seen :)

I think your 'Master Crafted Heavy Bolter' is enought or alternativly a 'Heavy Bolter with Hellfire Shell' as  2 choices.

>> Terminator Commander / Terminator Kapitän

I count Terminator Commander, on the Reference Card is the sergeant Insignia to see. But in Starquest Sergeant, Lieutentns and Captains are in use. But when you say 'Captain' i think on the Terminator Captain Model ;D

lol you see he have Master Crafted Weapons why the Power Sword is not 1R and 1 W dice like all other Power Swords have!
And you see it Why the Masters Crafted Weapons in Voyage Beyond have 2 Red dice by all versions.
...and yes in the book is not to read ( i think, but i have not controlled now / should i find an entry i tell you! )

>> Also I think you are confusing 'Master Crafted Bolter' with 'Heavy Bolter', but I don't know if the German rules >> are worded differently in that respect

No i am not confusing and i know you dont mean it bad! you are a cool guy for me! :D
In Voyage Beyond is the Chaos Commande to wathc with 'Master Crafted Boltpistol' and another weapon combination with a 'Master Crafted Bolter' and both have 2 heavy weapon dice.

In german give wondering names but i have enought knowlege  to know what a Bolter (2W) or a Heavy Bolter (2R).
- Boltpistole = 2W
- Bolter = 2W
- StormBolter = 1R & 1W
- M.C. Boltpistole = 2R
- M.C. Bolter = 2R
- Heavy Bolder = 2R
- Assault Cannon = 2R *

>> That is basing your rules on modern 40k
>> - I do not base my rules on modern 40k,
>> only Space Crusade and in some cases Space Hulk.
But than i can say Sisters of Battle are not Space Crusade and not Space Hulk ;D (take it as joke - but in side is truth)
Your Sisters have the Same streght of the Space Marines O_o
...for playing is maybe easyer  and i think this is the reason why you choice 2W

Core rules: special weapons count as heavy weapons ( Example: Plasma Gun )
But i wanna see your Special weapon rules in action ( and you have this idea from 40k too )

I have watch them yesterday interesting! and like i said i wanna read with much more time your rules to Heavy Flamer and Rocket Launcher. :D

Afther you read me and read my explain i msut say:
 i do not agree all your values (what reason ever)

I would not accept these rules as carved in stone but I would play this expantion already. Looks for fun!

I like the effort you have invested
and put some very popular ideas and approaches in their work.

you done a great job

Can we see a mission or a mission book to this stuff ?

space-crusade.de

star-quest.de live again under www.starquest.co.nr

Re: Sisters of Battle in Space Crusade

MortiS-the-Lost
Administrator

While I have taken 40k models and made rules for using them in Space Crusade, I have not used 40k rules as the basis for my rules, only Space Crusade rules (with a little help from Space Hulk)

I have deliberately avoided basing the values for my Space Crusade rules on the values/stats from 40k because I know they do not translate correctly to Space Crusade without causing balance issues

therefore what S, Ws, Bs, T or W Sisters of Battle and Space Marines have in 40k simply doesn’t come into it and I stay true to Space Crusade

Conorius wrote
SC40k:
... take normal SC core rules and do not tuch them!
Expantion gives many ways (balanced) to play 40k races in Space Crusade.
And shows the User what they can do with SC when they have played all Missions. (How to crate own) the Rule Book have a section with optional Rules where the players group can use but not must!
Note: the best in the SC40k Book is the 5 Ways to play Space Crusade ^^ (but is my meaning)

StarQuest Reloaded :
... is a full new Space Crusade with own balance rules oriented by Warhammer 40.000 4th Edition.
Whatever the source, the rules alterations you have suggested unbalance the rules I have written. My rules are designed to be compatible with the core rules - they are not designed to be compatible with your friend's rules so there are bound to be differences.

It's completely up to you how you decide to use these rules (and any rules for that matter) but I will not be altering them to be compatible with other peoples house rules

Conorius wrote
lol you see he have Master Crafted Weapons why the Power Sword is not 1R and 1 W dice like all other Power Swords have!
And you see it Why the Masters Crafted Weapons in Voyage Beyond have 2 Red dice by all versions.
...and yes in the book is not to read ( i think, but i have not controlled now / should i find an entry i tell you! )
Nowhere does it state his weapons are Master Crafted - the reason for the higher values is most likely an adjustment to make the squad leader more powerful . Admittedly it's not stated that way either but to me it makes more sense.

Besides, even in they are (as you insist) Master Crafted and you want to count my Sister Superior's Bolter as Master Crafted; the rules still follow the example of those given in WD134.

Terminator's Storm Bolter: 1R 1W
Terminator Commander's Storm Bolter: 2R

Scout's Bolt Pistol: 2W
Scout Commander's Bolt Pistol: 1R 1W

My rules are based on this same principle and therefore ...

Battle Sister's Bolter: 2W
Sister Superior's Bolter: 1R 1W

and that is why my rules are they way they are, no matter what you choose to call them.

Again my rules are not based on the ones from Voyage Beyond, therefore they are bound to incompatible in places

Conorius wrote
Core rules: special weapons count as heavy weapons ( Example: Plasma Gun )
But i wanna see your Special weapon rules in action
Ok I can see why you might interpret it that way (because the plasma gun is special weapon in 40k) but under the Space Crusade Core rules the Plasma Gun is a Heavy Weapon - it's called a Heavy Weapon and rolls 2R (which are called Heavy Weapon Dice)

in Space Crusade Standard Weapons roll 2W (Light Weapons Dice) while Heavy Weapons roll 2R (Heavy Weapon Dice) and there are also what Mission Dreadnought calls 'Super Heavy Weapons' which roll 3R

Therefore in my thinking because Special Weapons are more powerful than Standard Weapons but not as powerful as Heavy Weapons they should roll 1R 1W, thus sitting in the middle. You'll note that the Storm Bolter rolls 1R 1W and thus fits in perfectly with that assumption already.

Conorius wrote
Can we see a mission or a mission book to this stuff ?
I haven't really written any missions for Space Crusade, the process for making a new Space Crusade mission is so simple I tend to just come up with them on the spot - hmm I supposed I could distil that same process to make a random mission generator chart if people would find that useful, but that's for another thread
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Sisters of Battle in Space Crusade

WillOhio

 Fantastic.

 Cannot wait to try this out with my old 2nd Edition squad of Sisters!
 And to think... I almost sold them off...

~Will

Re: Sisters of Battle in Space Crusade

Gold Bearer
Just a thought. Why choose the storm bolter? Maybe give it an extra white dice in hand-hand and/or reduce the other two to five movement? Just a suggestion because the storm bolter is kinda redundant, unless I'm missing something.

I realised while I researching for my squad that's there's actually two separate sisters of battle groups so your squad and mine could be played together. Also your squats evolved into forge fathers so they could go together nicely as well. :)

Re: Sisters of Battle in Space Crusade

MortiS-the-Lost
Gold Bearer wrote
Just a thought. Why choose the storm bolter? Maybe give it an extra white dice in hand-hand and/or reduce the other two to five movement? Just a suggestion because the storm bolter is kinda redundant, unless I'm missing something.
Tactical flexibility - because a squad of Sisters is chosen in a slightly different way to a squad of Marines, the option of the special weapon gives the player a 2nd choice between an Area of Effect, Line of Effect and Direct Effect weapon with a slightly different pay-off. Area of Effect and Line of Effect weapons are not always desirable, but more fire power is always useful in one form or another.
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
12