WORD.

17 Comments

General Biakal General Biakal

Re: PREVIEW: Graia Rapier Laser Platform

for info, the GI Joe SLAM

S.L.A.M
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: PREVIEW: Graia Rapier Laser Platform

I like the detailed controls (something a lot of 40k machines lack) and it has some other nice details too, but over all I'm not that keen on it, it's an odd shape and the lack of any imperial insignia makes it look all the more dull and generic.

ok what I'm going to do now is plonk in a picture of the what I consider to be the classic Rapier Laser Destroyer

Ignore the goofy-looking Rapier 1 at the top there and look at Rapier 2, that is the model they should have made.

and while I'm here I'd just like to point out the new rapier's similarity to Mantic's 'Forge Father Jotunn Heavy Hailstorm Cannon' (which is about half the price!)

Replace the Dwarf on the back with a human, trim down the gun shield a little and replace those chunky ammo drums with some energy-cells and you've got a perfectly serviceable Rapier Laser Destroyer
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: PREVIEW: Graia Rapier Laser Platform

Just of out interest what do you consider not possible about the Rapier?
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: PREVIEW: Graia Rapier Laser Platform

the track angle of attack... lack of power storage etc... also it looks like it will only do walking pace speeds...
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
Removed Removed

Re: PREVIEW: Graia Rapier Laser Platform

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: PREVIEW: Graia Rapier Laser Platform

"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: PREVIEW: Graia Rapier Laser Platform

lol, ... yes, I do mention Mantic a lot around here

but, be fair it's worth mentioning similar models that could save us gamers some money

BTW: shortly after Mantic had their Abyssal Dwarfs ready for production, FW did a regiment of Chaos Dwarf and now as the Jotunn Heavy Hailstorm Cannon hits our shelves FW bring back the Rapier Laser Destroyer  - I can't be the only one who's seeing a pattern here

On balance I'll say I'd prefer the classic old GW Rapier Laser Destroyer to Mantic's Hailstorm Cannon but it's all down to what you can get hold of
-----------------------------------
Removed Removed

Re: PREVIEW: Graia Rapier Laser Platform

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: PREVIEW: Graia Rapier Laser Platform

expect more mortis memes.... that bit of photoshop is too cool to waste...
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
Marchomer Marchomer

Re: PREVIEW: Graia Rapier Laser Platform

LOL!!!

BTW I thought the same things that MortiS thought when I saw the FW model.
The Mantic cannon is cheaper and cool too.

General Biakal wrote
expect more mortis memes.... that bit of photoshop is too cool to waste...
Totally agree.
+ Other planes lie beyond the reach Of normal sense and common roads But they are no less real Than what we see or touch or feel. +
messyart messyart

Re: PREVIEW: Graia Rapier Laser Platform

I look forward to seeing more MortMemes.
Mankinds first mistake; Questioning why those around him, are dying.
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: PREVIEW: Graia Rapier Laser Platform

you are all a bunch of fucking fruity mantic manwhores...
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
messyart messyart

Re: PREVIEW: Graia Rapier Laser Platform

Fuck Mantic, I want Mortmemes.
Mankinds first mistake; Questioning why those around him, are dying.
jogar_t_hutt jogar_t_hutt

Re: PREVIEW: Graia Rapier Laser Platform

you know i think i'd be happier using the S.L.A.M
Marchomer Marchomer

Re: PREVIEW: Graia Rapier Laser Platform

The difference between Mantic and GW/FW manwhores is that the first ones are active the second ones are passive. You know to what I'm referring
+ Other planes lie beyond the reach Of normal sense and common roads But they are no less real Than what we see or touch or feel. +
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: PREVIEW: Graia Rapier Laser Platform

are you saying one is the Space Cadet and one is the Fleet Commander?
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
Marchomer Marchomer

Re: PREVIEW: Graia Rapier Laser Platform

OBVIOUSLY!