New Ork stuff

Posted by BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned
saw these posted elsewhere but wanted to rant so here's a re-posting.

Killer Kans:

Now I like these, I can see them even being something I might even buy just for having lots of useful bits. Quite sensibly proportioned and the tech even looks a little to fuctional for ork tech (the forum I'm pinching these off suggested using it for Inquisitor scaled adeptus mechanicus, I agree completely.

Deff Dred:

Now reverse all my above comments, this looks shit. Doesn't look like an ork dred it looks like a warjack that's been put together wrong. Not the shape ork dreds have always been, and it looks way to silly and cartoony. The legs don't look like they could actually support the body at all. And with arms and armour plates that look about as convincing as using a cardboard box to turn yourself into a robot. Again some of the weapons and techie bits might be worth getting hold of for conversions but the base model looks all wrong in my opinion. If I were starting an ork army with these available I'd probably convert a deff dread from killer kan parts. Would have been nice if GW had made the hatches seperate pieces too, and included crew, but I know GW arn't listening.

EDIT: On a related note these parts are my maximini, how much are they trying to piss GW off?

I count at least 4 GW parts in those.

7 Comments

MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: New Ork stuff

Agreed with all of the above points!

The Killa Kans are awesome and it shouldn't be to hard to cut out the hatches and model crew from existing minis. It seems GW put a lot more into their 40k plastic than their WFB ones.

The Deth Dred is a failure of the design process and clearly based on an equally bad model from Forge World. It looks like something from a Michael Bay film (and god help us all if he were allowed to make a 40k movie).

Some of the other new Ork mini are pretty good, I've seen a rather good Ork with a 'Targeter Squig'   that I wouldn't mind owning if it weren't for the price tag.

As for the Maximini/Kromlech pieces, they are yet another example of the recasting that seem to be rife among smaller resin producing companies, mostly ones in Europe.
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
MarkRG MarkRG

Re: New Ork stuff

It,s a nice piece of kit, I must stick my ork dread conversion in.
-- Mark RG (Game on)
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: New Ork stuff

do we not all think the ver-di-gris looksshit tho?
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: New Ork stuff

Yea GW studio seem to be obsessed with ver-di-gris corrosion on things at the moment. Are we to assume everything is made of bronze or copper or something?
Hmm this could be yet another change in the 40k background, Orks have already lost their Boltguns, Multi-Meltas, Traktor beams, Plasma Guns and their ability to hit a target. Have they now lost their ability to work hard metals?
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
MarkRG MarkRG

Re: New Ork stuff

With the exception of the traktor beam im in favour of orks having their own weapons and not space marine gats.
-- Mark RG (Game on)
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: New Ork stuff

Yes Orks should have their own weapons, but as I've said before Boltguns, Multi-Meltas, Plasma Guns (and a few other popular 40k weapons I could mention) are not exclusivity Space Marine Weapons. During RT and 2nd edition all races/armies had access to them (or equivalents) and most races still do even today (albeit under different names) it's only the Orks who were stripped of their technology with the coming of 3rd edition (and only just recently got back one of their signature weapons in their most recent codex).
Orkz shouldn't be a Fodder army (thats for IG and Tyranids), they should be psychotic killers constantly looking for new and more imaginative ways to kill more people more effectively, bring back Splatta Kannonz, Smasha Gunz, Traktor Kannonz, Squig Katapultz and Pulsa Rokkitz!
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
MarkRG MarkRG

Re: New Ork stuff

Yes i would like to see these weapons come back as I DO have a large Ork army and id love to make these weapons conversions, however the orks loosing BS by 1 and gaining ws by one I do like and agree.

Game on lol
-- Mark RG (Game on)