Rob.

10 Comments

MarkRG MarkRG

Re: Miniatures Casting

Hi mate
I,m interested in spaceships and look forward to see your creations on this web later. happy modeling Mark
-- Mark RG (Game on)
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Miniatures Casting

I’ve got a few ideas - but before I go fire off list after list of miniatures that people should make but don’t – Are you going to be casting in metal or resin?
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: Miniatures Casting

I would be casting in resin initally, hopefully I can source some filler for it so it'll be more like the forgeworld type of resin figures, would switch to metal if and when it became practicle.

MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Miniatures Casting

Cool, here’s a few suggestion for resin miniatures based on things I’d like to see and things that no one or very few people produce

Giant Insects, Millipedes, Scorpions, ect made to fit nicely on a 30mm round base (in fact casting them with an integral 30mm base will mean you don’t need to worry about fragile legs and stuff sticking out)

Squigs well you won’t be able to use the name Squigs, but take a look at all the different kinds of Squigs GW never made miniatures of. I guess you could call them ‘Beastlings’ or something

Man Traps bear trap jaw style traps - again cast on integral 30mm bases so as to take up 1 square on a standard dungeon map

 Shields remember the old chaos shields by citadel covered with stylised skulls and demonic faces, some stuff like that would be awesome (I can draw up loads of designs)

Baggage back-packs, bedrolls, satchels, ect suitable for attaching to Sci-fi and Modern tanks and vehicles as well as baggage wagons and pack horses for Fantasy and Historical

Different kinds of balls for BB type games
- Regular American style football
- Spiked football
- Bomb ball with fuse
- Demon ball with teeth
- Winged ball (may prove difficult/impossible to cast)

Space Stations For your star-ships range I’d suggest making a few space stations, asteroid bases and orbital defence platforms

Sci-fi Doors for use with Space Hulk type games or adding to Sci-fi Terrain. Plenty of people do Fantasy doors, but very few do Sci-fi ones

I can provide concept sketches for any of the above and notes on how to cast them too

I’ll post some more ideas when I come up with them
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
MarkRG MarkRG

Re: Miniatures Casting

specielized die, would be cool as in some of the games with mort are nether hard to get or they don;t make them.
The cheaper you cam make them the better too.
Game on
-- Mark RG (Game on)
Billiam Babble Billiam Babble

Re: Miniatures Casting

I often lust after dungeon scenery but find it pricey - anything like dwarven forge (but cheap!) would be good. Walls, floor tiles -dungeon and sci-fi.

I like the sound of spacecraft, but have no idea what the market or even scales for these things are (randomly, tonight i was looking at a review of 15 mm sci-fi minis in an ancient WD there were a couple of simplistic but cool Lazerburn vehicles).

If I was setting out to make cash I think I'd start with accessories in bulk- cannon fodder troops, dead bodies, mountains of skulls, special effects, vermin, swarms (squigs!? Hee hee  ;) ), wreckage (-but then I have no ambition or skill to actually sculpt unique quality figures.)  I guess you start with what you feel the most confident in making.

Good luck by the way and if it's cheap count me in as a customer. *grin*
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Miniatures Casting

Billiam Babble wrote
I often lust after dungeon scenery but find it pricey - anything like dwarven forge (but cheap!) would be good. Walls, floor tiles -dungeon and sci-fi.
Agreed, surely there is a market for a cheap (and unpainted) modular dungeon system

I’ve had some thoughts about how to make a Dwarven Forge like modular dungeon system, it’s just matter of getting them on paper …

I guess it’s down to Rob what he wants to produce

PS I can sculpt the dungeon pieces (walls, floors, doorways, ect)
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: Miniatures Casting

A modular dungegon system would be good, I'd probably go for the approach of having a corridor made from 3 pieces (floor and walls of course!) to give more variation and also make it easier to cast ect.

Now if you were to attach the walls with magnets........

MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Miniatures Casting

yea thats the sort of thing, I can do some sketches if you want ...
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: Miniatures Casting

yeah can do, I think I'll steal the beveled edge idea from the mage knight dungeon sets as that really helps make corners easier.