Sculpted my Bob Naismith. I rather like it.

7 Comments

MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Mantic Orcs Sneak Peak

Yea saw this earlier today, I quite like it, somewhere between a GW classic Orc and a PJ style Uruk Hai, the axe blade looks a little thick, but that's nothing that couldn't be sorted out with a little conversion work.
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: Mantic Orcs Sneak Peak

Yeah and they'll likely have a variety of weapons. The armour is quite nice, looks crude and cobbled together but not like its about to fall apart if the orc sneezes to hard.

Looks a little like the modern GW orcs too in the long square face but not a squat-leg-ed.

There's also the wargames factory orcs comming:

which look kinda cool, more human looking but still orcs. I think they look half way between the PJ orcs and those by Angus McBride. Unfortunately it looks like they're going for seperate weapons from hands which ALWAYS looks stupid and break easily

MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Mantic Orcs Sneak Peak

Hmm the Wargames Factory orc you've posted the pic of there would make for a better Hobgoblin IMHO, of course you'd need to do something about those toy-ish 'kung-fu grip' hands.
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
Marchomer Marchomer

Re: Mantic Orcs Sneak Peak

RobertTheDamned wrote
This came up in the Mantic newsletter so I thought I'd post it for non-subscribers benifit
Sculpted my Bob Naismith. I rather like it.
I like it very very very much. Mantics is doing a great work.

MortiS-the-Lost wrote
Hmm the Wargames Factory orc you've posted the pic of there would make for a better Hobgoblin IMHO, of course you'd need to do something about those toy-ish 'kung-fu grip' hands.
I'm agree with you, it remember the AD&D 1st edition illustration of the Hobgoblin:

+ Other planes lie beyond the reach Of normal sense and common roads But they are no less real Than what we see or touch or feel. +
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Mantic Orcs Sneak Peak

Marchomer wrote
I'm agree with you, it remember the AD&D 1st edition illustration of the Hobgoblin:
yea! exactly! the old Citadel Hobgoblins (before Bryan Ansell's ideas about Chaos Dwarfs came along and ruined them) had a similar look which I really love

~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Mantic Orcs Sneak Peak

managed to nab a picture of the finished 3-up ...

~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: Mantic Orcs Sneak Peak

hmm these are looking tempting, might have found my army for kings of war......still might wait to see what they do with whatever humans they release though.