Experimental weapon blue dice

Vamper
Hello,

The alien event card "Ork mekaniac" talks about an ork using an experimental weapon that blows up once fired. I was thinking it would be cool if the Space Marines had a high power weapon whose high power were of-set by the chance it would go ka-boom!

I propose a blue "experimental weapon" dice that has:   4, 3, 2, 1, 0, -3.

On a roll of a negative number, the damage is applied to the mini with the weapon.

Now 1 in 6 chance of dying is a bit high so i reckon combine it with a red dice, this reduces the chance to die to 1 in 12 or about 8%.  (since -3 on the blue die plus say a 1 on the red die = -2 which is not enough to kill a marine)

max damage of 7 but a chance to kill your own guy!

I haven't play tested this, just sharing to see what you guys think.

Re: Experimental weapon blue dice

MortiS-the-Lost
Administrator
I am wondering if this would simply cause the weapon to miss more often rather than harm the user

This looks like a job for  SamuelF's Custom Dice Probability Viewer!

I've taken a break from doing Space Crusade stuff for a while so I can work on other projects
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Experimental weapon blue dice

Captain Hobokus
Now, how do I create a blue die that could fit the look of the original die...
I'll try and playtest this when I have the chance.
"Life is the Emperor's currency; spend it well."

Re: Experimental weapon blue dice

Vamper
Hello,
Is there a weapon in 40k or more specifically, Space Crusade that would suit this this rule thematically speaking?

Re: Experimental weapon blue dice

Tony1978
A plasma gun  :)
My work: