The author has deleted this message.

11 Comments

MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Cronos

It's interesting but at £28 each I don't think I'll be buying one.

I feel the need to point out GW has made a very strange design decision  here considering what they've been doing recently with other kits

This is the new Talos, all in all a very similar model - now you might be shocked to find out that the Talos and Cronos are in fact not the same kit and I can't see any good reason why. Surely they are made of mostly the same (if not very similar) parts. Why when they can get 2 models as diverse as the new Tomb Kings Warsphinx and Necrophinx into the same kit, can't they get these 2 (lets face it) minor variants on the same body into one kit ... maybe they are afraid people will have too much cool stuff left over in their bitz boxes.

Another observation I'd like to make is how much the Talos and Cronos look like many of the models from the Cryx Faction in Privateer Press's game Warmachine

-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
Metropolis Metropolis

Re: Cronos

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Cronos

Metropolis wrote
For some reason I keep thinking of The Matrix!
 yes those bionic tentacles on the Cronos have a certain matrix 'squid' look to them

-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
Talsin Talsin

Re: Cronos

actually talos/ chronos are the same kit, error with the coding on the uk site made them show separately.

the design has elements which echo the original talos, but hark towards the heamonculi covens due out at some point.

i will agree on a slight cryx feel, however in the way that something with segmented armour, medical aparatus and phials on it would feel the same.

and i want one, no 2, better make it 3 actually
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: Cronos

i sum them up in ONE word. "FUCK-ING-MINT"

i wouldnt buy one, and i could never paint them to do them justice, but i think the DE range is awesome, and by far the best they do.
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: Cronos

to add tho, i think the venom

looks fucking brilliant, and because you get three lads with it as well, not that bad value. its cheaper than a chimera. and i think it looks the bomb. if i DID buy a DE army, i would start with that.
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Cronos

General Biakal wrote
looks fucking brilliant, and because you get three lads with it as well, not that bad value.
3 lads? - I distinctly see boobs on one of them

The Venom is a nice model and draws many parallels with the Viper giving the Eldar and Dark Eldar a nice consistency between them reminding us that they were once 1 race with a single culture and technology before their downfall
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
Removed Removed

Re: Cronos

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Metropolis Metropolis

Re: Cronos

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: Cronos

HOWEVER- far be it from me to be positive about GW prices BUT- the razorwing and the venom are not that bad as yet. £18.50 and £25.50 are, compared to the internal value structure, not that bad.

in the real world its still probably £10.99 and £15.99 tho...
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Cronos

General Biakal wrote
HOWEVER- far be it from me to be positive about GW prices BUT- the razorwing and the venom are not that bad as yet. £18.50 and £25.50 are, compared to the internal value structure, not that bad.
is that before or after this year's price rise?