I also have a feeling a Tyranid players will buy these and convert them into small Bio-Titans

9 Comments

MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Arachnarok

The price of an Arachnarokin (case your wondering) is £36!

and talking of high prices ...

This is the new Orc and Goblin Army Book, it's a hardback and is going to set players back £22.50 each
talk is, that from now on all WFB Army Books will be in this format making Warhammer an even less affordable game to play ...
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: Arachnarok

Damn I was about to post the exact same thing! That spider thing looks pretty awesome, not sure I'd buy one but I'd not say no to a free one.

Army books for over £20 is just plain ridiculous, for that I expect two or three armies and some backgrounds and a campaign with a good selection of scenarios, not the list for one army!

Also they're finally doing plastic savage orcs and goblins! First person to have a full snakebite army wins.

Oh no wait the minis are HORRIBLE, and they're one piece atrocities just like the black orcs, and so you can't use them with the 40K orks to do awesome conversions....Also what the hell is that on the left of the unit? some kind of two orc spear/battering ram? And the less that's said about the savage orc boar boyz the better:

I mean what the hell is up with these orcs abs? and since when have orcs even had musculature like that??

Anyway the tiny silver lining for me are the Goblin Nasty Skulkers, goblin assasins are just too awesome an idea to not be cool:

However these are stupidly expensive, over £8 for three goblins?? Oh that'll be because they're super complex two part figures!

Isn't it an odd coincidence that the Mantic orcs have started to appear on preorder? thirty for around £25 (RRP) or fifteen for £14. I am guilty of having bought a GW product within the last week, I felt dirty all the rest of the day, the kind of dirt only a rape victim feels.
jogar_t_hutt jogar_t_hutt

Re: Arachnarok

I also have a feeling a Tyranid players will buy these and convert them into small Bio-Titans

this was the first thing that poped into my head this morning lol
Scumdog47 Scumdog47

Re: Arachnarok

Goblin assassins?

Now, I could have a use for these in my RPG-sessions.

I just wish they'd bring back the old Chaos Goblins...
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Arachnarok

Scumdog47 wrote
Goblin assassins?

Now, I could have a use for these in my RPG-sessions.
yea, I'm thinking of converting up some Skulkers for Quest and springing them on the players when they least suspect
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Arachnarok

RobertTheDamned wrote
Anyway the tiny silver lining for me are the Goblin Nasty Skulkers, goblin assasins are just too awesome an idea to not be cool:

However these are stupidly expensive, over £8 for three goblins?? Oh that'll be because they're super complex two part figures!

Isn't it an odd coincidence that the Mantic orcs have started to appear on preorder? thirty for around £25 (RRP) or fifteen for £14. I am guilty of having bought a GW product within the last week, I felt dirty all the rest of the day, the kind of dirt only a rape victim feels.
You might be intrested know that Mantic are now making 'Goblin Sneeks' which come free with any order over £25(UK), E35(Europe) or $50 (US/CA)

 ^unfortunaly they don't seem to be available on their own at the moment
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
greenstuff_gav greenstuff_gav

Re: Arachnarok

RobertTheDamned wrote
However these are stupidly expensive, over £8 for three goblins?? Oh that'll be because they're super complex two part figures!
although, £3 per figure for metals isn't too uncommon
http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/range.php?range_id=36&subcat_id=41
http://forum-of-doom.com/index.php?topic=14492.0
especially considering GW's larger scale, chunkier (and thus heavier) miniatures they're not that expensive...
Metropolis Metropolis

Re: Arachnarok

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: Arachnarok

greenstuff_gav wrote
although, £3 per figure for metals isn't too uncommon
especially considering GW's larger scale, chunkier (and thus heavier) miniatures they're not that expensive...
I don't mind paying £3 for a single detailed full height figure. Paying over £2.50 for a single goblin, that's not all that detailed, is just out of the question. GW are the biggest company around, they should be using that to actually reduce the cost of their miniatures rather than inflate the cost.

Its not just metal costs, I bought a crap load of 1/3000 ships from Skytrex the other day, each weighing approximately the same as a 28mm figure (in some cases more) and they were £1.50- £1.10 a model.

This post was originally much longer I just deleted my rantings.

GW were great company, and still have a great IP. They just don't listen to the people that have been giving them money for 20+ years, instead they listen to the people that take that money. Doesn't make much sense does it?