But what do you think?

5 Comments

messyart messyart

Re: Veer-myn the 8th race (Warpath, Mantic)

I have been locked in this strange closet until I tell of my personal feelings on the matter..

So.. I like them. They look a bit tall for now, and the teeth do not satisfy my ratty loves, but the rattiness of their gear and their rough and ready visage is certainly pleasing.
I'm pondering their worth as conscripts in my Imperial Guard..
Mankinds first mistake; Questioning why those around him, are dying.
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: Veer-myn the 8th race (Warpath, Mantic)

nice detail... i think they are *ok* but im not inspried/excited by them
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
Metropolis Metropolis

Re: Veer-myn the 8th race (Warpath, Mantic)

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Marchomer Marchomer

Re: Veer-myn the 8th race (Warpath, Mantic)

MortiS-the-Lost wrote
I think we are going to be seeing Space Skaven!
Marchomer wrote
mmmh... I don't know... look at the mouth of these creatures, there are no the typical rat-like incisors.
FAIL.

By the way...
I like these new Skaven, another great miniatures range by Mantic as usual.
I often heard that Mantic miniatures aren't so detailed... I can't understand why, what I see is a high level of details, yes... Mantic models have few poses than the GW ones, but here we have to take the "smallest brush".
+ Other planes lie beyond the reach Of normal sense and common roads But they are no less real Than what we see or touch or feel. +
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Veer-myn the 8th race (Warpath, Mantic)

Marchomer wrote
I often heard that Mantic miniatures aren't so detailed... I can't understand why, what I see is a high level of details, yes... Mantic models have few poses than the GW ones, but here we have to take the "smallest brush".
Yea I'd agree Mantic's plastics have about the same detail level as Citadel ones (I think most claims that Mantic minis are in some way lacking comes from the fixed view some people have that if it's not GW it can't possibly be as good as GW). Yea some Mantic kits don't give you that many poses to work from - but neither do a lot of more recent GW kits and what's more you get some nice optional  pieces (goggles and so on) and a few 'fun' bits as well on most Mantic sprues (something GW rarely do anymore)

IMHO over all, any given criticism of Mantic plastics can also be leveled at Citadel plastics - so any claims that GW are any better is just down to an incomprehensible loyalty to a company that charges upward of double the average price for their products.
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~