Trading Post?

The Skald
Probably been discussed before, and I know there's pro's and con's to consider, but would there be any place for a "Trading Post" section on the forum?

Strictly member to member with NO trade outlets and all the usual terms & conditions to protect the forum itself (eg; no liability)
It seems to work well on other (mainly non-gaming) forums I belong to, especially if it's kept 'public' and all trades are done in the open so potential dodgy dealers are immediately put off.

What's the general opinion?
When men meet foes in fight, better is stout heart than sharp sword.

Re: Trading Post?

MortiS-the-Lost
Although we've had a few requests over the years for an 'official' place to trade things on the forum it's not going to happen (probably not ever) - sorry

The main reason for this comes mainly down to 2 points (but there are other reasons):

1 No matter how many disclaimers, terms & conditions have there are still going to be problems with trades which can lead to arguments and people wanting other people banned and so on and so forth - me and the other Admins (and the Sub-Admins) don't want this kind of headache. The Lost and the Damned forum has never had an argument or “flame-war” to date and we've only ever had to ban people for spamming - we intend for things to remain this way.

2 It encourages people to make posts which are just links to eBay or some goddamn 40k “pro-painting” service. The Lost and the Damned forum was envisioned as a place free from that sort of thing, we wanted to see people discussing the hobby, sharing tips, giving advice and showing us nice miniatures and awesome games - not telling us what they've got on eBay at the moment or how much they are charging for lazily painted spez morines
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Trading Post?

The Skald
Fully understood, and sentiments supported
Sorry I asked really
When men meet foes in fight, better is stout heart than sharp sword.