Tile System

TheConvenientSkill
I've been fiddling around with this is the recent past and wondered if anybody here knew anything about it?

If not:

Tile System is an easy to use (and supposedly very customisable) tile based map making utility. I've fiddled around with the Space Hulk and some recent D&D dungeon crawlers (Castle Ravenloft and Ashlardon or something!) and I must say it's very, very good!

Now I've also got a HeroQuest based one but it is, how shall I say this, not very refined. A lot of scanning has been done but the sizes are all over the place, and don't agree to the snap to grid feature, whereas the others seem a perfect snug fit. It's really annoying!!!!

Now I could have a go at scanning some in but to be honest I don't have the time or the breadth of tiles that would make a good/excellent version. I'm wondering if anyone has jpegs of some AHQ, HQ, WHQ, Mighty Warriors, and other tiles already scanned that could be resized and therefore a much better Tileset created.

If you're interested Google TileSystem Space Hulk and you should go to the WarSeer forums where you can download it. Don't worry it is totally legit, it's a brilliant fan made tool (although the scanning of the tiles may be somewhat extra-legal.
Visit my blog, about solo role-playing, Advanced Heroquest and system rants among other things:
http://thatswhatyougetforlivinginaculdesac.blogspot.com/

Re: Tile System

MortiS-the-Lost
Administrator
Sounds like a very useful tool

TheConvenientSkill wrote
Now I've also got a HeroQuest based one but it is, how shall I say this, not very refined. A lot of scanning has been done but the sizes are all over the place, and don't agree to the snap to grid feature, whereas the others seem a perfect snug fit. It's really annoying!!!!
look no further than our Dungeon Tiles Section
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Tile System

TheConvenientSkill
Hi again

E-mailed the creator and he let me know the basics of creating a new tileset. Basically what we need is for the tiles to be a set width/height (say 64 pixels) with transparency around the edges to make the tiles a total multiple of 64. So for example 5x2 corridors would be 7x2 to account for the jigsaw ends (or 448x128 if multiples of 64 are used). As an example the Space Hulk tiles are 128 pixels.

My problem is I don't have Photoshop, Gimp etc. and the time I have (at work) I cannot download Gimp and use even though it is free. I would willingly do the necessary coding if any tiles were available.