Space Wolves

Tomsk47
Hi all,

I have just got back into this great game, and this iste is awesome. A few of us want to strat a campaign, with all the extras offered here we will have many months of playing. What I am looking for are rules to use Space Wolves in Space Crusade. Can someone please guide me.

Thank you

Re: Space Wolves

Tony1978
Hi Tomsk,

first of all I redirect you to a german website where you can find what you're searching for.
Unluckily it's in german....
http://actioncom.phpbb8.de/projekte-projects-f66/space-wolves-t75.html
Go to the dropbox link and download it.
Please, if you're able to translate it, inform me.

Also, I can give you a few tips for creating a Space Marine Chapter in SC:
1. Study the fluff. In particular the war tactics and the beliefs of the Chapter (i.e. Close combat for Blood Angels; Heavy weapons for Imperial Fists). Then:
2. Realise two equipment cards only for the commander and one for the troop
3. Prepare two order cards.

In fact, all the 3 Chapters have in common a lot of equipment and order cards.
A) Equipment cards in common (5)
- bolt pistols
- blind grenades
- targeter (x 2)
- melta bomb

B) Order cards in common (2)
- Fire!
- Move it!

Good work!!
My work:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/39683/the-basical-logic-of-space-crusade (The basical logic of Space Crusade - ENG)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ui42yfyadpmgtn3 (An analysis of boarding squads - ITA)
http://www.mediafire.com/?uzprfbxl9nx6mmt ("A new hope" - Dinamic missions - ITA)

Re: Space Wolves

spacial_awareness
Very tempted to try and translate that German Space Wolves squad.

Re: Space Wolves

Tomsk47
Hi Tony1978,

cool mate, thanks for all this, I will endeavour to understand the German.

I had forgotten how great this game is. So simple yet so enthralling.

I keep looking at all the other stuff here, its proves that this game is not dead in any way what so ever.

What do you use in your team of Marines????

Re: Space Wolves

Tony1978
I don't know if it's the place where discussing it, but if you refer to what Chapter I usually play with, I say Blood Angels with only one heavy weapon.
My work:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/39683/the-basical-logic-of-space-crusade (The basical logic of Space Crusade - ENG)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ui42yfyadpmgtn3 (An analysis of boarding squads - ITA)
http://www.mediafire.com/?uzprfbxl9nx6mmt ("A new hope" - Dinamic missions - ITA)

Re: Space Wolves

Conorius
@ Topic
Actioncom is working on a englisch version, but with his remake version ( with better Space Wolves style ) .
And he talk many with Wolfstone over this project.

I like it they work hand in hand

But they have many to do with real life work and homepage fixings and programming a Space Crusade video game.

@ Blood Angels
I play Imperial Fist but actioncom played BA with a hard style and some times with 1 heavy weapon too
( i also know how heavy this can become )

What i wanna know is what Heavy Weapon you use ?
Actioncom use than the Storm Canon , personal i would choose the Plasma Gun ^_^
space-crusade.de

star-quest.de live again under www.starquest.co.nr

Re: Space Wolves

Stevo
Hi Tomsk47,

How did you go translating the German document?  I've translated the 14 cards using Goggle translate.  All appear to be okay except for the back of the "Wolf 's Tooth Chain" equipment card.  I've included that card, but the translation does not make any  sense!   Please print the file at 107% for the correct sized cards.

Cards_SW.pdf

^ examples of Cards by Wolf Stone

Re: Space Wolves

Tony1978
Finally!
I had a lot of troubles when I tried to translate them in Italian.  :)
Thanks
My work:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/39683/the-basical-logic-of-space-crusade (The basical logic of Space Crusade - ENG)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ui42yfyadpmgtn3 (An analysis of boarding squads - ITA)
http://www.mediafire.com/?uzprfbxl9nx6mmt ("A new hope" - Dinamic missions - ITA)

Re: Space Wolves

Gold Bearer
I can't open these files, probably because I'm using XP. Any chance you could upload these and the dark angel ones in a different format?

Just from the picture, the Wolf Tail says 'seems to may you' instead of 'seems to make you' and 'A commander' sounds a lot better than 'The commander' at the start of the Tooth Chain.

Re: Space Wolves

Stevo
This post was updated on .
Correct on both accounts.  I've updated the files and attached PDFs to my original post.

Re: Space Wolves

Gold Bearer
Cheers. :)

I haven't read them properly yet but after a quick scan, Wolf Tails says the alien player 'can selects' instead of 'can select' or 'selects', Fragmentation Grenades says the figures MUST pull away from LOS but then it says 'if he cannot or if he does not' which implies you can choose not to, there's no rules for Fenris Wolves so the Cyberwolf card doesn't make sense, Wolf's Tooth Chain needs a complete rewording and Rune is not worth taking unless you're the only squad but there's an extra equipment card so it's not really a problem because you can just not take it.

Re: Space Wolves

Stevo
The English text provided on the cards is just a straight translation from google.  It some instances the original text translated easily.  On some it was more difficult, and on the Wolf's Tooth Chain card, it just wouldn't translate into anything that made sense.  I decided to leave the text in the document for other people to interpret or edit.  That's why I originally provided the cards in .docx format, so that the text could be edited.

The Fenris Wolf rules are in an accompanying booklet which I cannot translate.  I've tried and have given up.  However, I could pick out the following.  Fenris Wolf attributes are MV:8, AV:1, HTH: 1R1w, RF:-, LP:1.  When equipping the squad, each Honour Badge can be used to purchase either an Equipment card, as normal, or a Fenris Wolf.  None, of the 4 free equipment cards can be used to purchase a Fenris Wolf.  Therefore a squad could have from 0 to 4 Fenris Wolves depending on the number of Honour Badges acquired.

As far as the cards go, they do have a unique  Space Wolve's flavour, but overall, they are not as strong as the standard SC cards.  The exception is the Cyberwolf card.  This card increases a Fenris Wolves attributes to AV:2, HTH:2R.  If used en masse a Space Wolve player could do 9 attacks per turn (1 Commander, 4 Marines, and 4 Cyber Wolves (MV:8, AV:2, HTH:2R)).  This could clean out a board very quickly but will cost 5 equipment cards.

Cheers

Re: Space Wolves

Gold Bearer
Ah thanks for clearing that up and for uploading them.

Is there a template for these cards? I'd like to make my own when I've finalised all the rules.