Space Hulk Bible 2.0

Emeraldigon
Hello All,
I am currently working on an update to the Space Hulk Bible (for a 2.0 Edition).

I am not connected to the origonal 1.0 creator in any way, should that person be out there I hope they wont take offence at my building on their work.

The intent is to include new official content adapted from the latest versions, as well as fan content (such as points costing for the Eldar Force list etc), and to fix a few niggle such as the Tyranid weapons chart on the last page of the 1.0 version, as well as updating the layout and content page a little.

Some content will be less playtested than I would like (I am trying to add in other/new aspect warriors for example) would anyone be interested in playtesting a few bits to give me feedback?

Very much just in the initial stages right now I stress.

Re: Space Hulk Bible 2.0

Tony1978
Hi,
currently I can't play SH, but I'm curious to know what you have done.  :)
My work:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/39683/the-basical-logic-of-space-crusade (The basical logic of Space Crusade - ENG)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ui42yfyadpmgtn3 (An analysis of boarding squads - ITA)
http://www.mediafire.com/?uzprfbxl9nx6mmt ("A new hope" - Dinamic missions - ITA)

Re: Space Hulk Bible 2.0

Emeraldigon
Well, current bits I am collating include:

Adding in points costs for Eldar Force
Creating up Warp Spiders, Swooping Hawks and Shadow Specters.
Exarch's for same.
Adding in Farseer cards for all aspect warriors in line with the ones for Striking Scorpions & Howling Banshees.
Guardians and grav platforms.

Creating rules for jump packs (mostly this is to cover marines and Swooping Hawks), and some rules for using them in areas agreed by both sides as 'high cealing' (for thematic missions with Cargo Bays, hangers, or oustide/urban based missions).

possibly necron rules
Possibly more current tyranid types into the force list.
Possible Sisters of Battle.

Collate in Ork rules.

Re: Space Hulk Bible 2.0

Tony1978
There are a lot of things there.
If you put a download link, I'll read your bible  ;)
My work:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/39683/the-basical-logic-of-space-crusade (The basical logic of Space Crusade - ENG)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ui42yfyadpmgtn3 (An analysis of boarding squads - ITA)
http://www.mediafire.com/?uzprfbxl9nx6mmt ("A new hope" - Dinamic missions - ITA)

Re: Space Hulk Bible 2.0

Emeraldigon
Currently still working on it, I can put up sections as they are done if that helps?

Not sure what formatting will carry over, or tables, but I'll see how it goes.

Re: Space Hulk Bible 2.0

Emeraldigon
Jump Pack Test Rules

JUMP PACKS

Used by: Space Marines, Eldar, Imperial Guard, Traitor Space Marines
Type: Movement

Jump Pack General Rules

A model using a jump pack is subject to the following rules:
May move 2 Squares for 1 AP, including move and shoot.
When using the jump pack to move, no sustained fire bonus (if granted by the weapon) may be claimed by the model in that turn.
If, by prior agreement of all players, an area of the board is deemed as ‘High’ the model my use the pack for flight, this allows the model to move over other model both friendly and not, and other models do not block LOS. However other models do not block LOS to the Model flying.

When jumping down a pitfall or ladder, a model with a jump pack does not roll to see if it becomes prone, it may instead choose to land in the square below, or any adjacent square, in any chosen facing.
If the square immediately below the pitfall is occupied by an enemy model, the jumping model may make a shooting or close assault action for 1 AP, if the target is destroyed place the jumping model in the target square in any facing, if it is not destroyed roll as normal for landing on another model.

Jump Pack equipped models may move over pitfalls without risk of falling, and may trace LOS to all squares adjacent to the one below the pitfall (and LOS may be traced to them) if on the square containing the pitfall marker.

Jump Pack equipped models may also fly up out of a pitfall at no penalty for 1 AP, but may not move and shoot to exit, as they are concentrating on navigating the opening of the pitfall.

Jump Pack equipped models my move past barricades, crates and rubble at no penalty as long as there is an empty square on the other side to land in, for the normal cost to move (and move and shoot) as if the obstructed square were an empty one, they may not end their movement on the obstructed square however.

Space Marine Jump Pack Rules
In addition to the normal rules, a Space Marine (including traitor forces) with a jump pack may use the following ability.
Assault Charge (4 AP): Move up to 8 squares in a straight line into close combat with an enemy model, as long as you moved at least 6 squares you may make a Close Assault roll, with an additional dice and a +1 CAB bonus on top of the normal bonus, if you lose the Close Assault roll, move the target back one square if possible, placing the assaulting model in the vacated square.
All normal advantages and disadvantages for Close Assault (such as ability to parry) still apply.

Eldar Jump Pack Rules
In addition to the normal rules, an Eldar with a jump pack may use the following ability.
Pop-up Attack (AP as per weapon): If immediately behind a friendly model and that model is the only one blocking LOS to target, ignore the friendly model to shoot over it. No sustained fire bonus may be claimed if normally granted by the weapon.

Re: Space Hulk Bible 2.0

Emeraldigon
NEW FARSEER CARDS
(Please note, some of these refer to Aspect types still being detailed up)

ALT FARSEER CARD RULES
The current rules do not make it clear if all cards should be used at all times, or if cards relating to Aspect Warriors not in play should be removed.
I am assuming the former is standard, and the Alt setup allows you to remove cards relating to unused Aspect types before play begins.

NEW CARDS
BLADES OF ASURMEN
The Farseer calls upon the Aspect Shrine of the Dire Avengers to assist him. He is answered by Asurmen, the Phoenix Lord of the Dire Avengers, for the remainder of this turn all Dire Avengers can use the Shuriken Storm ability at no AP cost to activate.
All other normal rules apply.

HARVESTER OF SOULS
The Farseer calls upon the Dark Reaper Aspect Shrine to assist him. He is answered by Maugan Ra, the Phoenix Lord of the Dark Reapers, a single Dark Reaper once placed on Overwatch for the normal cost (and chooses ammunition type as normal), but when making Overwatch shots the Dark Reaper is not subject to the one shot only rule but may continue to make shots unless a jam is rolled.

THE BURNING LANCE
The Farseer calls upon the Aspect Shrine of the Fire Dragons to assist him. He is answered by Fuegan, the Phoenix Lord of the Fire Dragons, choose one Fire Dragon that has not yet activated. On this turn it may spend 3 AP to fire along a straight line up to 8 squares long, roll for each model in the path and destroy them as normal. The shot is stopped by walls or other features that cannot be destroyed.

HORDE OF SPIDERS
The Farseer calls upon the Warp Spider Aspect Shrine to assist him. He is answered by Lhykosidae, presumed Phoenix Lord of the Warp Spiders, All Warp Spiders in play may immediately make a jump of up to 12 Squares, roll as normal for failure.
Play than continues as normal

THE CRY OF THE WIND
The Farseer calls upon the Aspect Shrine of the Swooping Hawks to assist him. He is answered by Baharroth, the Phoenix Lord of Swooping Hawks. All Swooping Hawks may spend up to 3 AP in addition to normal, these AP’s may only be used for movement related actions (Including move and fire)

GHOSTLIGHT
The Farseer calls upon the Shadow Spectre Aspect Shrine to assist him. He is answered by Irillyth, the Phoenix Lord of Shadow Specters. The Eldar player nominates one enemy model, all Shadow Specters able to trace LOS to that model immediately fire on it, Each additional Shadow Specter after the first able to target adds +1 to the roll to destroy the target. No AP’s are used to make the shot. Play then continues as normal.

Re: Space Hulk Bible 2.0

Emeraldigon
ELDAR RANGERS
The Eldar Rangers are the stealthy scouts of the Eldar force, they excel at fast reconnaissance and taking out opponents from range.
They are however terribly fragile due to being very lightly armoured, this is offset by their Cameleoline cloaks that enable them to remain unobserved much of the time.

Movement
Rangers have 6 APs to spend on moving and shooting. The costs for their actions are listed on the Eldar AP Costs Table.

Close Combat
Rangers are not well suited for close combat, normally rolling 1D6-1, if equipped with twin Laspistols they may roll a straight D6.

The benefits of the Laspistol have already been taken into account in the close combat factor.

Shooting
The Rangers are snipers in extremis with Lasguns, as such they may pay 3 AP to make a sniper shot adding +3 to the roll, however they may not move before making this shot and each ranger may only make 1 sniper shot a turn.

They may also use laspistol for ranged attacks. The laspistol costs 1 AP to fire, and may also be used to perform move and fire actions. For each shot roll one die. The laspistol has a 12 square range, may be used in Overwatch and cannot be used for sustained fire.

Cameleoline Cloak - Special Ability
The camouflage cloaks worn by the Rangers blend their outlines, reduce all shots made against a Ranger by 6 Squares of maximum range, if the weapon has an unlimited range reduce it to 12 squares maximum range, reduction includes Overwatch shots..

Masters of Long Range - Special Ability
When on Overwatch rangers may fire to a maximum range of 18 squares.

Action AP Cost for Rangers
Move forward 1 square 1
Move backward 1 square 2
Move sideways 1 square 2