Rising Dead

Quests-of-legend
This post was updated on .
Some of you who frequent my site, might have seen the "Rising Dead" section.

Basically i am working on a set of rules that can be used on a board game or on a tabletop that incorporates a fairly quick Skirmish Game and enough RPG elements to give it a more indepth feel.

It's you general Zombie game - Survivors and Zombies.

I have updated the site with Alpha Rules 1.1 after play testing and hvae now included in the  rules some cards for you guys to playtest with.

This is what I hoping to achieve:

* Leveling element with Skill sets attached as survivors progress
* RPG element where items can be combined to create new weapons of items
* Introduce noise to wargames, each weapon creates a sound, sound attracts enemies
* NO BOOKS. I want the card system to pretty much say what it needs to say.รด

Here are some images of the cards, there's not many at the moment, but it's still in very early stages:

Please playtest and let me know on here or on the site.

http://quests-of-legend.weebly.com/rising-dead.html

Cheers

http://quests-of-legend.weebly.com

Re: Rising Dead

Sjeng
I see you've used some Zombicide resources. So is this a Zombicide-"light" version?
If so, I'd love to try it, but with the original Zombicide game, as I own it already. It's a bit hard to grasp at the start, lots of rules. Not really too hard, but the trick is to remember them all and to use them correctly.
I often forget to do things, messing up the game :P But that's because I don't play it as much as I would like to.
So a light version to get started is great! Once I fully get that, I can always spice it up with the Zombicide official rules.
Eager HeroQuest newbie since july 2011 :D
Check my Custom EU format card sets!
Ye Olde Inn | HeroQuest blog with lots of usefull stuff

Re: Rising Dead

Quests-of-legend
This post was updated on .
I don't know never played or owned Zombicide. I know they have weapons that either make sound or don't and weapons that break stuff..........I've pretty much taken these 2 concepts and adapted them, with weapons making different degrees of sound with different noise levels for killing zombies and smashing things.

The rest is all my ideas. I just nicked the white box graphics and the player sheet, the game mechanics are all things we've tried whilst gaming.

So I don't think these rules will help with zombicide.......Sorry

Will be posting some new equipment on the site soon.......adding a bit more of an RPG element, combing items.

Heres a nice picture

http://quests-of-legend.weebly.com

Re: Rising Dead

Quests-of-legend
Hello,

I have now added a bunch of equipment that can be used in the game - These can be found here.

http://quests-of-legend.weebly.com/equipment.html

And contain the following items:

Equipment 1 :

1 - Browning                                       1 - Cricket Bat
1 - Shot-Gun                                       1 - Axe
1 - Sledgehammer                             2 - Meat Hooks
1 - Baseball Bat

Equipment 2 :

2 - Bandages                                    1 - Molotov Cocktail
2 - Alcohol                                        1 - Katana
1 - Lighter                                         1 - Riot Helmet

Equipment Car :

4 - Tyres                                            1 - Green Key
1 - Red Key                                       1 - Tyre Iron
1 - Yellow Key

Hope you like them.
http://quests-of-legend.weebly.com

Re: Rising Dead

The Skald
A bit of "thread necromancy", but since we're talking zombies I guess it's OK

Many thanks for this - I've got my hands on quite a few sets of rules for an upcoming campaign. I'll be playing different games with groups of people with very varied "gaming experience", so having yet another to throw in the mix is great
I'll let you know how I get on.
When men meet foes in fight, better is stout heart than sharp sword.