and this is one of em!

15 Comments

MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: QUESTION: what was your FIRST EVER mini and how did u get it?

I got my first miniatures when I was 7; some neighbors of my grandparents moved away and their collage age kids gave me and my younger brother a bunch of toys ect they didn't want anymore. Among the stuff I was given was a huge catering sized Ice-cream tub crammed with Citadel miniatures mostly from the AD&D range and 'C' Series (it seems the guy used to play D&D with his friends). As a kid I was fascinated by all these little Knights and Goblins (my favorite TV show at the time was Knightmare and I think I was already reading Fighting Fantasy books).

My favorites from my first bucket load of miniatures included a bunch of 'C' Series Orcs,  2 'C' Series Ogres (the Oriental Ogre and Warrior Priest), AD&D Hobgoblins and Gnolls miniatures from the LoneWolf Giak Attack Box set, Mighty Ugezod's Death Commandos, 2 very old Chaos Warriors (Ulvar Vileblood and Skathor Skullcrusher). Like I said this tub was crammed with these and many more besides far too many to list effectively here, having these lead to me being given HeroQuest soon afterward for my Birthday or Christmas (I don't remember which) nower days these miniatures are some rare and classic examples of Citadel's history and are some of my favorite miniatures in my collection.

The first miniatures I bought with my own money where a Skeleton Horde box set, soon followed by many other undead types
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
jogar_t_hutt jogar_t_hutt

Re: QUESTION: what was your FIRST EVER mini and how did u get it?

oh my god now heres where i start showing my age
my first model was a pre-slote knight on horseback but i lost the lance & the horse melted but i remember i did buy 1 box set i think it was called warriors of chaos or knights of chaos it was a pre-slote set of 9 figures & if i had to discribe them id say look at the rock group GWAR if anyone can remember it if not then im an old fart lol
messyart messyart

Re: QUESTION: what was your FIRST EVER mini and how did u get it?

Purple plastic box set of Genestealers, bought it when my brother wanted to start collecting Marines.

It was fate.
Mankinds first mistake; Questioning why those around him, are dying.
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: QUESTION: what was your FIRST EVER mini and how did u get it?

My first wargames miniatures were a massive load of Airfix and matchbox infantry and tanks that I got from my dad, played with those a whole lot.

The first thing I got was the classic six multi-pose space marines, they're at my parents house these days, definitely still about though.
Marchomer Marchomer

Re: QUESTION: what was your FIRST EVER mini and how did u get it?

So 88 miniatures between Lizardmen and Bretonnians.

I remember the day I bought this box like it was yesterday! (aaaaaaahw! )
15 years ago, It was a snowly day, 12/23/1996... it was the beggining of the end!
+ Other planes lie beyond the reach Of normal sense and common roads But they are no less real Than what we see or touch or feel. +
Apocalypsedreamer Apocalypsedreamer

Re: QUESTION: what was your FIRST EVER mini and how did u get it?

Ghazgull thraka.  I saw t in a shop and just thought AWESOME.  Ans that's how I am forever skint.

A.D
You think your lag is bad! It took 3 days for Jesus to re-spawn!

http://tomechaotica.blogspot.com/

http://smalllasers.blogspot.com/
MarkRG MarkRG

Re: QUESTION: what was your FIRST EVER mini and how did u get it?

2 ed Warhammer 40K box set, I played a game with an army buddy and fell in love with it all. My mate will soon be joining us as I have got back in contact with him.

Before this I build Matchbox, airfix and many other model makers at the time. Mainly Tanks, planes ans ships. I used to make landing crafts out of cardboard boxes and refight D-Day.

Sweet childhood memorys.
-- Mark RG (Game on)
CatBlack CatBlack

Re: QUESTION: what was your FIRST EVER mini and how did u get it?

Funnily enough although I had been interested in fantasy and sci fi and related topics I had never actually got up the courage to walk into a Games Workshop on my own so my first miniature was provided along with a painting lesson from our very own Mortis!

Its a wood elf archer, plastic from citadel and from somewhere around the mid nineties.

I posted a pic on the site here...http://the-lost-and-the-damned.664610.n2.nabble.com/my-first-attempt-td3498405.html
bailey:) bailey:)

Re: QUESTION: what was your FIRST EVER mini and how did u get it?

my mate from Wales gave me my first mini it was a blue space marine from space crusade and it had a big machine gun thing
bailey:) bailey:)

Re: QUESTION: what was your FIRST EVER mini and how did u get it?

ghazgull is a great mini old and new
Scumdog47 Scumdog47

Re: QUESTION: what was your FIRST EVER mini and how did u get it?

My first mini was "Tom Meier's Fire Dragon".
I bought it before I even knew Warhammer existed simply because I thought the mini was cool.

It currently ironically serves as a frost dragon in my buddy's Empire Army.
Sjeng Sjeng

Re: QUESTION: what was your FIRST EVER mini and how did u get it?

My first fantasy miniatures were those from the HQ board game and a D&D board game.
Then I bought a box of Skaven Clanrats and LotR Rangers to use with HQ as well.

Before that is a long gap of nothing, and then some WWII germans, but mostly vehicles and planes though, and some star wars vehicles and ships.
Eager HeroQuest newbie since july 2011 :D
Check my Custom EU format card sets!
Ye Olde Inn | HeroQuest blog with lots of usefull stuff
Madame M Madame M

Re: QUESTION: what was your FIRST EVER mini and how did u get it?

Being one of the newer members of the forum, I don't mind admitting that my first mini was bought at the end of last year after starting to date a certain forum person.....

The mini was actually a purchase of two mini's - the 'Legion of Justice and Caeke' Platypod the Playtpus Mage and  Frumitty the Lemur Cleric.  They were just too cute to not be bought, however in the ever changing world of my life where I work in Nottingham and migrate back home to Bath as often as possible, they have gone missing and therefore can not be painted until I find them again. Grr......
Sjeng Sjeng

Re: QUESTION: what was your FIRST EVER mini and how did u get it?

I just had to google them. Glad I did lol.

Also a link to my painting efforts, which I forgot to mention in my last post.
Eager HeroQuest newbie since july 2011 :D
Check my Custom EU format card sets!
Ye Olde Inn | HeroQuest blog with lots of usefull stuff
Richie the Orc Richie the Orc

Re: QUESTION: what was your FIRST EVER mini and how did u get it?

Some of Citadels 'Chaos Broo' from there Runequest range.