 ^Menoth Heavy Warjack, Builds 3 variants

8 Comments

MarkRG MarkRG

Re: Plastic Warjacks

They would look good added to A Grey nights force. Or with abit of converting some into A chaos dreadnought.

I have seen some of these models in cz but they are expensive.
-- Mark RG (Game on)
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Plastic Warjacks

These new plastic Warjacks are much cheaper than original metal Warjacks,  the ones you see here are £19.99 each (or £17.99 each if you order from Arcane Miniatures) that's a lot cheaper than a similar-sized plastic Spacemarine Dreadnought.  Hopefully we'll be seeing more plastic Warjack kits like these in the future.
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: Plastic Warjacks

awesome didn't know they were branching into plastics, maybe they'll do plastic infantry too. Might be interesting for Imperial Guard players.
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Plastic Warjacks

After a bit more digging round I have some more information on the Plastic Warjacks.

I pulled these pictures from a rather whiny review on www.drunkdwarves.com in which the reviewer complained about the pieces having mold-lines (seriously if your not prepared to remove a few mold-lines your not much of hobbyist)

as you can see the kits consist of large pieces of solid plastic and doesn't come on sprues. From this we can hazard a guess at 2 things. 1 Privateer are using a very different kind of plastic moulding process that other companies and 2 they are most likely using a different kind of plastic, possibly a fairly soft plastic. Unfortunately none of the reviews I've read so far mention the consistency of the plastic. If I hadn't been told the models were plastic I'd have assumed from looking at pictures of the pieces that they were resin.

Also it seems privateer are also doing plastic versions of some of the smaller Warjacks, but these do not seem to come with variant parts like they heavy Warjacks

and more plastic Warjacks appear in Privateer's board game Grind

^ is this reminding anyone else of Adeptus Titanicus?
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: Plastic Warjacks

I think he ment flash rather than mould lines, take a look at the fist on the top right, not particularly bad but worse than GW.

Looks like they were injected moulded on sprues but have been taken off for packaging. Look at the big revolver thing on the bottom right. On the barrel there's a sprue removal mark. Still nice to see the parts for the planning mwhahahah.
Scumdog47 Scumdog47

Re: Plastic Warjacks

Now, this is intriguing.

Plastic is far easier to cut and glue and modify.

Damn my crappy economy... :(
MarkRG MarkRG

Re: Plastic Warjacks

They could poss, be using the old sprous and remelting into more models.
-- Mark RG (Game on)
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Plastic Warjacks

I can see what your getting at there Mark, but the plastics used in injection-moulding doesn't work that way (injection cast polystyrene will soften to some degree if heated but will burn before it can reach a liquid state required for casting)

From what I've read on other sites Privateer are using a softer plastic (possibly PVC) like that used by Fantasy Flight for the miniatures in their board games. Some of what I've read suggests Privateer are using multi-part moulds for the larger pieces like the Warjacks body. I'd be interested to see what kind of manufacturing processes Privateer are using for their plastics.