Just some pictures for the moment because I'm rather busy, but I thought it was worth posting since no one has mentioned Mantic on here for a little while

5 Comments

AxlNose AxlNose

Re: Mantic Do Dwarfs!

I do like the look of their dwarves. The hard isometic lines of the armour work really well. It'll be very interesting to see what the rest of the army will look like, and to see that bulldog amongst them properly to see the proper scale of the thing.
Putting the romance back in Necromancy........
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Mantic Do Dwarfs!

Ok so I was down at Triple Helix the other day (if you don't know what I'm talking about see: http://the-lost-and-the-damned.664610.n2.nabble.com/Triple-Helix-Wargames-Westbury-Wiltshire-td5090889.html#a5090889) and I got a look at the new Mantic Dwarfs Sprues ....

and yea they look pretty pretty good. As you'd expect from Mantic they follow the usual fantasy archetypes but still retain a distinct style . The parts are of good quality and compare more than favourably to Citadel's current Plastic Dwarfs. Lots of nice axes and hammers (and not too small this time), of particular note are the little extras that come on the sprue (the kind of thing Citadel gave up doing when they decided displeasing fantasy gamers was the way to go)

1 Drunk/Dead Dwarf
2 Dwarven Ale Mug/tankard
3 Orc's head (a little teaser as to the next race Mantic are doing)
4 “Oi! Churchill! Are you on the new Mantic Dwarf Sprue?” - “ooh Yes!”
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
MarkRG MarkRG

Re: Mantic Do Dwarfs!

I was with mortis when we checked these out and i think they are not to bad. I do like the Bulldog. I will by a box of these after seeing them.
Game on
-- Mark RG (Game on)
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Mantic Do Dwarfs!

Also check out the new Ironbelcher Cannon!

~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
MarkRG MarkRG

Re: Mantic Do Dwarfs!

Nice
-- Mark RG (Game on)