Kroot and Heavy Weapon Androids - 2 'new' monsters for Space Crusade

Kroot and Heavy Weapon Androids - 2 'new' monsters for Space Crusade

MortiS-the-Lost
Administrator
Here are 2 new monsters my group have added to our Space Crusade games recently

There was a little debate as to whether the 'Heavy Weapon Android' should in fact be a Necron Immortal - in the end we reasoned that we should stick with the original names from Space Crusade and call them Androids. Of course most people will probably be using Necron Immortals miniatures with this rules so they will probably end up getting called Immortals anyway (my group tend to fall into the habit of calling the Chaos Androids 'Necrons' anyway and the phrase Heavy Necron passed over the table a few times when these monsters appeared). My group however aren't atually using Necron Immortals for Heavy Weapon Androids - the rules were intended to represent these ...

 ^Heavy Weapon Androids I converted by replacing a few broken weapons with Tau guns I got from a bring and buy sale at THW last year

Of course you may not want go about cutting up your Chaos Androids (they may be all in good condition or you don't have any to spare or both). and you probably don't want to go spending money on rather expensive brand new Necron miniatures either. So there's always eBay to search for old and 2nd hand ones, but here's some nice cheap alternatives for your Necron/Android needs

 ^These Skeletal Robots from EM4 Miniatures are just £1.28 each!

 ^ Copplestone Castings make these very similar Terminator Robots (product code: FW15 Terminator Robots) £8.50 for a pack of 5 which make for great Androids but you'd need to convert the heavy weapons

 ^ on the same note take a look these Cyber-Reavers $9.99 US from Reaper Miniatures

 ^ These 'Talos Units' from Scotia Grendel make for some nice different looking Heavy Android Types and while you're on the Scotia Grendel Website check out the 'Hellcats' from the same range which would make excellent Dreadnought Replacements

-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Kroot and Heavy Weapon Androids - 2 'new' monsters for Space Crusade

MortiS-the-Lost
Administrator
On a related note - if you like Space Crusade, Robots, Androids and the like. You might want to look into an old game called Legions of Steel

It contained quite a lot of metal figures including different kinds of robots and some Space Marine type figures too. The floor-plans and other pieces could also be used in Space Crusade and other similar games

-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Kroot and Heavy Weapon Androids - 2 'new' monsters for Space Crusade

Billiam Babble
The Kroot in Space Crusade. Wow.
Cool!

Great selection of alternative figures as well.  Those cyber-reavers are very "Terminator" and the Talos Units remind me a bit of illustrations from Paranoia (or am I just imagining that?)

Re: Kroot and Heavy Weapon Androids - 2 'new' monsters for Space Crusade

Tony1978
It seems that the hand-to-hand ability of a Kroot (1R+1w) is less powerful than the Eldar warrior (3w). So I ask you if in the 40k background a Krook is really less powerful than an Eldar.

Also, have them the same ranged power? If I remember well, Kroots use poor rifles if compared to Shuriken catapults.
My work:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/39683/the-basical-logic-of-space-crusade (The basical logic of Space Crusade - ENG)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ui42yfyadpmgtn3 (An analysis of boarding squads - ITA)
http://www.mediafire.com/?uzprfbxl9nx6mmt ("A new hope" - Dinamic missions - ITA)

Re: Kroot and Heavy Weapon Androids - 2 'new' monsters for Space Crusade

MortiS-the-Lost
Administrator
Tony1978 wrote
It seems that the hand-to-hand ability of a Kroot (1R+1w) is less powerful than the Eldar warrior (3w).
Eldar Warriors roll 2W in Hand-to-hand – it's the Exarch (with their Force Sword) that rolls 3W.
And in that yes a Kroot Warrior is not going to be able to cause as much damage as a highly Exarch with a Force Weapon

Tony1978 wrote
Also, have them the same ranged power? If I remember well, Kroots use poor rifles if compared to Shuriken catapults.
Yes the primitive Kroot Rifle rolls W2 which is the same as a Shuriken Catapult, but keep in mind that the guns carried by Gretchin (Muskets, Blunderbusses and what are probably Shotguns) also roll 2W as do most 'basic' weapons in Space Crusade ('basic' meaning the 40k/Necromunda weapon category) including the Bolters carried by Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines and Orks

in the spirit of your original questions I feel it's worth mentioning that when working out these rules I was comparing Kroot to other 'monsters' and not to the 'player races'

-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Kroot and Heavy Weapon Androids - 2 'new' monsters for Space Crusade

Tony1978
Thank you for the information.

I don't want to go OT but here I only want to report that in the Eldar expansion manual (page 5), Eldar warriors attack with 3 white dice, even if in the summary sheet you will find 2 white dice.
Strange!
My work:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/39683/the-basical-logic-of-space-crusade (The basical logic of Space Crusade - ENG)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ui42yfyadpmgtn3 (An analysis of boarding squads - ITA)
http://www.mediafire.com/?uzprfbxl9nx6mmt ("A new hope" - Dinamic missions - ITA)

Re: Kroot and Heavy Weapon Androids - 2 'new' monsters for Space Crusade

MortiS-the-Lost
Administrator
Tony1978 wrote
I don't want to go OT but here I only want to report that in the Eldar expansion manual (page 5), Eldar warriors attack with 3 white dice, even if in the summary sheet you will find 2 white dice.
Strange!
I've always considered that a misprint because the basic Eldar Warriors are not equipped with any close combat weapons so they would in no way be equal to their Power Sword armed leader in close combat
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Kroot and Heavy Weapon Androids - 2 'new' monsters for Space Crusade

Captin Kabeered
Hi Mortis,

Thank you again for your stealler work.. New SC playable Enemies yay. They are Kroot and a mega Super Android too.

OOo Blip Counters
Super Good work.

P.S. Sorry for killing of your Tau Testing post. I had a quick look and mine was the last post.
I feel bad for being the one that killed it.

Re: Kroot and Heavy Weapon Androids - 2 'new' monsters for Space Crusade

Gold Bearer
MortiS-the-Lost wrote
Tony1978 wrote
I don't want to go OT but here I only want to report that in the Eldar expansion manual (page 5), Eldar warriors attack with 3 white dice, even if in the summary sheet you will find 2 white dice.
Strange!
I've always considered that a misprint because the basic Eldar Warriors are not equipped with any close combat weapons so they would in no way be equal to their Power Sword armed leader in close combat
It's not. The eldar warriors at least definitely get 3W because it's written in the book and it actually says it's because they're more dangerous in hand-hand than marines. 3W is also on the card. The card says eldar with heavy weapons get 2W, the book doesn't mention that the heavy weapons get less so I would say the card must be right, 2W for heavy weapons and 3W for shuriken catapults.

I know it doesn't really seem right that the exarch with a force sword is no better but that can be heavily upgraded (4W when attacking and a reroll). It can also destroy bulkheads if you transfer the MD rules over (only commanders can attack bulkheads in hand-hand).