Any tips? Post your webshops and pictures of replacements here!

27 Comments

MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: HeroQuest replacement miniatures

dock wrote
That is quite nicely translated Mortis.
Thank you and Welcome to the Forum Dock!

Please goto The Introductions Page and post a little about yourself so the rest of the forum can welcome you

dock wrote
I don't recognise your reference of the farm-house (?) but the rest covers the message. ;-)
'hoeven' I think means something like Farm House? (my Dutch was never very good)

Anyway as a fellow HeroQuest veteran I look forward to reading more posts from you
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
dock dock

Re: HeroQuest replacement miniatures

Hoeven is also a verb meaning "need to be". The sentence would be: The miniatures don't neccessarily need to look like the HQ miniatures if they just fit the description.
I have for instance Drac Mac Syro as a barbarian.

Regards,
Dock
Thank you and Welcome to the Forum Dock!

Please goto The Introductions Page and post a little about yourself so the rest of the forum can welcome you

dock wrote
I don't recognise your reference of the farm-house (?) but the rest covers the message. ;-)
'hoeven' I think means something like Farm House? (my Dutch was never very good)

Anyway as a fellow HeroQuest veteran I look forward to reading more posts from you
NAML

__________ Informatie van ESET Smart Security, versie van database viruskenmerken 6868 (20120208) __________

Het bericht is gecontroleerd door ESET Smart Security.

http://www.eset.com
dock dock

Re: HeroQuest replacement miniatures

How did you learn Dutch as it is not a very well known language? Or is it all babelfish?
By the way, you can see my work at Ye Olde Inn
http://www.yeoldeinn.com/nl-cards.php
and
http://www.yeoldeinn.com/nl-rules.php
where Drathe hostes the cards I have made for Dutch players and the rules to enrich the game.
I will tell more on the introduction page but at the moment I have more work then time, so this will be all for now.

MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: HeroQuest replacement miniatures

dock wrote
How did you learn Dutch as it is not a very well known language? Or is it all babelfish?
I learned some useful day-to-day Dutch from having Dutch friends (their names on the forum are 'Krippie' and 'Screaming-Mad-George') and staying with them in Friesland for most of the winter of  2008 up until Feb 2009 - but I'm quite out of practice these days and have to look up a lot of words I don't know
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
Sjeng Sjeng

Re: HeroQuest replacement miniatures

Oooh! just decided to come back and stalk this forum for a bit again, after being at Ye Olde Inn mostly (still am), and to my surprise someone replied to my old topic! yay! :D

I live in Maastricht, so Zwolle is a bit out of my way I'm afraid ;)

I've recently ordered the Mantic Morgoth's Revenge set, a cheap set of Dragon Strike, a can of QuickShade for the vast undead and dwarf army I'll be painting soon, and probably for my skaven clanrats as well (need them for Durrag-Dol and my conversion of Mortis's "into the sewers" quest).
I've also bought a cool mini that will replace the frozen horror. That will be a challenge to paint though.

I still have way too luittle time to paint a lot, but last weekend I did one HQ zombie :P
I'll have to remember to post some pics once I have something to show here.

PS: hoeve = farmstead. hoeven = to need. (or rather mostly used as "niet hoeven = to not need") ;)
hoef = either hoove, or the first person form of hoeven (ik hoef ... niet = I don't need ... )
Eager HeroQuest newbie since july 2011 :D
Check my Custom EU format card sets!
Ye Olde Inn | HeroQuest blog with lots of usefull stuff
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: HeroQuest replacement miniatures

Nice to have you back Sjeng - if you're looking for more miniatures to add to your growing collection I highly recommend Reaper Miniatures new Dark Heaven Bones range of high quality plastics (not to mention the excellent prices!)
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
Sjeng Sjeng

Re: HeroQuest replacement miniatures

MortiS-the-Lost wrote
Nice to have you back Sjeng - if you're looking for more miniatures to add to your growing collection I highly recommend Reaper Miniatures new Dark Heaven Bones range of high quality plastics (not to mention the excellent prices!)
Yeah, I saw those. Added the troll to my basket. Shame there's not so many yet.
Still looking to buy some replacements for the wizards (4 evil plus 1 good) and perhaps some wolves

Orc Shaman Storm Master Necromancer High Mage Elf Pack Wizard Some Giant Rats Some Wolves
And also just for fun:
A Dragon! (for Dragon Strike) Drizzt!

But I'm not sure if I can have them ship to the Netherlands because of customs...
Eager HeroQuest newbie since july 2011 :D
Check my Custom EU format card sets!
Ye Olde Inn | HeroQuest blog with lots of usefull stuff
12