Extra Monsters for SpaceCrusade

MortiS-the-Lost
Ok so Me and Bert just about have our SpaceCrusade campaign ready to run

Here's the first of some of the new stuff I'm adding to make the missions more difficult/interesting

First up some new blips for Tyranid Creatures:

Top down: Termagants, Tyranid Warriors (Left Death-Spitter, Right BoneSwords), Hormagaunts, Genestealers

Rules for Tyranid Warriors can be found in WD134 but didn't come with their own blips, you were supposed to substitute them for other creatures. Genestealers are of course in the original game, but again didn't have their own blips, because they only appeared as the result of an event card. These blips allow you to put both creatures directly into the game. (the Genestealer Blips are particularly useful if you have a copy of SpaceHulk and want to use more Genestealers)

Finally here's the reference sheet for the 2 'new' creatures:

Coming soon: Genestealer Hybrid Blips and a standardized weapon list allowing players to use their modern SpaceMarine miniatures

Coming later: Tau Play Sheets, Equipment and Order Cards. Dark Angel's SpaceMarines and MORE MONSTERS!
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Extra Monsters for SpaceCrusade

MarkRG
This looks really good mate, Could you make some counters up for me please M
-- Mark RG (Game on)

Re: Extra Monsters for SpaceCrusade

Apocalypsedreamer
holy awesomeness dude I'm almost crying with excitement (no pull yourself together). Sorry about that... But they look frigin' awesome with a holy hand grenade on the side!!!

Dreamer

PS-The Traveller rule book is ordered for my reading pleasure and possibly a campaign (happy days)
You think your lag is bad! It took 3 days for Jesus to re-spawn!

http://tomechaotica.blogspot.com/

http://smalllasers.blogspot.com/

Re: Extra Monsters for SpaceCrusade

BobbieTheDamned
Nice work Mortis. I'm looking forward to playing some more SC, its a great game.

Re: Extra Monsters for SpaceCrusade

MortiS-the-Lost
Administrator
Thanks guys, I've got plans to do a few more bits like this - inducing some extra Necron/Android types!
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Extra Monsters for SpaceCrusade

MortiS-the-Lost
MarkRG wrote
Could you make some counters up for me please M
Sure, what would you like blips made up for?
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Extra Monsters for SpaceCrusade

MortiS-the-Lost
As promised here's the Blips for Genestealer Hybrids

 ^ the top 4 are regular Hybrids, the bottom 2 Hybrids with Heavy Weapons

Rules for Hybrids can of course be found in WD134, originally these rules intended that Hybrids with Heavy Weapons should be placed instead of Genestealers, which would have given them a point value of 10 (under my house rules players are rewarded 10 points for killing a Genestealer), however despite equaling the fire power of Chaos Marines with Heavy Weapons (also worth 10 points), Heavy Weapon Hybrids are rather easy to kill so I lowered their point value to 8 to reflect this. Regular Hybrids were original placed instead of Orks and thus are worth 3 points the same as Orks.

Coming soon: Blips and Rules for Kroot Warriors and Androids with Heavy Weapons (Necron Immortals)
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Extra Monsters for SpaceCrusade

Mezillious
Wow these look great, can't wait for the extra Android types!

Re: Extra Monsters for SpaceCrusade

Lachris
Hey new guy here

I got a question for you MortiS, how did you get does blips so clean?

Im working on my own ekspansion for Space cruade, and did some work on my own blips yesterday:
New blips

Re: Extra Monsters for SpaceCrusade

MortiS-the-Lost
Administrator
Lachris wrote
Hey new guy here

Lachris wrote
I got a question for you MortiS, how did you get does blips so clean?
I scanned some of the blank blips at 300 DPI and de-screened them, the rest of the work was done in Photoshop - not sure what else to tell you ...

Lachris wrote
Im working on my own ekspansion for Space cruade, and did some work on my own blips yesterday:
New blips
Necrons and what I assume is a new Genestealer re-enforcement token - I look forward to seeing more, when your ready to post more feel free to start a new thread for it
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Extra Monsters for SpaceCrusade

Lachris
MortiS-the-Lost wrote
Lachris wrote
Hey new guy here

I will when time comes

MortiS-the-Lost wrote
Lachris wrote
I got a question for you MortiS, how did you get does blips so clean?
I scanned some of the blank blips at 300 DPI and de-screened them, the rest of the work was done in Photoshop - not sure what else to tell you ...
Thanks,  Im pretty new to Photoshop, so I just wanted to get some tips from a Pro. I just toke a normal image and removed the background and turned the figur black. After that I put the figur on the blank blip.

MortiS-the-Lost wrote
Lachris wrote
Im working on my own ekspansion for Space cruade, and did some work on my own blips yesterday:
New blips
Necrons and what I assume is a new Genestealer re-enforcement token - I look forward to seeing more, when your ready to post more feel free to start a new thread for it
Yep a Necron Immortal and Warrior. Im intended to use the Genestealer re-enforcement token for genestealers, broodloard + your nice Hormagaunt and Termagants
Yep I will start a new thread, when I got some more to show.
I´m planing new rules + units, unit upgrades, new event and marine cards, and introducing the Chaos marines as a new playing race, helping the "Alien Player" killing thoes Space marines

Re: Extra Monsters for SpaceCrusade

MortiS-the-Lost
Administrator
Lachris wrote
I´m planing new rules + units, unit upgrades, new event and marine cards, and introducing the Chaos marines as a new playing race, helping the "Alien Player" killing thoes Space marines
Have you seen my new Alien Event Cards?
Take a look Here
-----------------------------------

Lachris
Yes they look good, and have already tryed out the old ones . The  Reinforcements and the no Event card are really good. My mates loved when it happen . I love the Multiple Event cards, because of the large deck with 64 cards

Re: Extra Monsters for SpaceCrusade

MortiS-the-Lost
New Androids/Necrons should be along soon (sorry about the HUGE delay!)
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Extra Monsters for SpaceCrusade

rikoshea
Is this dead? Please don't let it be so! It is just what I need for my new and improved Space Crusade boards!

Re: Extra Monsters for SpaceCrusade

Gold Bearer
Very nice looking Blip tokens!

I was thinking about what termagant and hormagaunt stats should be, this is what I came up with.
Termagant: PV-4 Mv-10 AV-1 Sh-1R HH-1R
Hormagaunt: PV-8 Mv-8 AV-2 Sh-0 HH-4W
I like the idea of termagants using 1R because it averages the same as an orc/bolter marine but has more chance of killing an AV2 target but if you use the close assault blades on them they don't get to fight back. I think hormagaunts should definitely use 4W with their limbs. I thought about adding a bite attack rule for tyranid type monsters, a free attack after a hand to hand has been resolved that has to beat the AV of the target and the dice depend on the monsters type (jaw size). They should probably only get a bite attack during their own turn.

That's a cool meaty looking board Rikoshea.

Re: Extra Monsters for SpaceCrusade

rikoshea
Thanks Goldbearer. not sure anyone is really still into this! You have any interesting resources to share?

Re: Extra Monsters for SpaceCrusade

Gold Bearer
I'm surprised there's as much custom content as there is on here, there's some really nice stuff.
I have an interesting idea to make the squads much more unique, check the newest topic.
Apart from that I'm just in the process of tweaking and tidying up the new squad and weapon rules I've already posted here.