Character back ground for reading

Apocalypsedreamer
Here we go.....

    Laeroch Nelf was born in the depths of Oboris Hive on Gehenna Prime to a family that was part of a chaotic cult that worshiped Grandfather Nurgle.  At every birth of a child to the cult the magos would infect the infant with a warp born infection lesser than nurgles rot but stronger than human diseases.  The child was then left for seven days and seven nights as is the sacred number of Nurgle.  Usually the infants die and are sacrifices to Nurgle but in this case the infants skin had hardened and turned a putrid dark brown with yellow pustules dotted across his hunchbacked body and was marked an icon to the cult and revered as Nurgles chosen.
                                                                                          He grew up in the cult acting as the link to chaos taking part in all services and communicating with the daemons that his cult worshiped.  Leading them in blasphemous raids on small settlements and farms razing them to the ground and spreading the will of Nurgle across the hive swelling the cults numbers to well over seven hundred active cultists making the cult more like an army that was released on Hells Hotspot a large settlement home to many powerful guiders and Twirth Von Hirth the man controlling the top dogs.  The battle was long and casualties were high on both sides, if it had not been for Laeroch opening a gargantuan warp vortex into the middle of the makeshift army the guilders had managed to coerce into fighting the cult would have fallen there and then.  The victory at Hells Hotspot gave the cult a well defendable base of operations to work from.
                                            The Magos of the cult called upon a daemon to come to the cultists in their sleep and persuade them into banishing Laeroch from the settlement because of the Magos’s lack of power within the cult.  The cult managed to drive him out but this is not the end of Laeroch Nelf chosen of Nurgle and Master of the warp he will return to his former cult and when he does he will burn their eyes from their faces with his mind.  When he returns there will be bloodshed like there has never been before.  Until then he has vowed to bring loyal followers to his banner where ever it takes him on or of world. He was last observed on Lachesis IV for reasons unknown.

Please tell me if there are any loop holes or any thing that can be improved.

Dreamer

Ps------this is the character I will be using in our 28mm Inq games!
You think your lag is bad! It took 3 days for Jesus to re-spawn!

http://tomechaotica.blogspot.com/

http://smalllasers.blogspot.com/

Re: Character back ground for reading

BobbieTheDamned
Administrator
Its a good background for a chaos character, the way the cult operates is fairly believable.

You'll be more than welcome to play a full on chaos character once we're playing a more free-form game, but for the adventure Gav has written characters have to at least be able to be at least partly aligned to the Imperium. A full on chaos character is likely to be killed by everyone else the first time they find out. Which would be pretty quickly considering Laeroch is marked by nurgle and has potent psychic powers.

Re: Character back ground for reading

Apocalypsedreamer
Couldn't my character be conceling him self through psychic powers or a Daemon etc.  Also last night I painted the model and wrote the character sheet plus extra rules concerning weapons.   Here's the profile:

Laeroch Nelf, Nurgle Cultist

WS  BS   S    T    I    WP  SG  NV  LD  SPEED
 70   50  60  87  60   85    50  57    90        4

Equipment:
Blessed robes- Av-3
Filter Plugs

                     Type    Range   Firing Mode   Accuracy    Damage    Shots    Reload    Weight
HellsMaw    Basic     (25)          Flame          ----------       3D6+2       OO        OO           30

Nurgles Rot  Type    Range   Firing Mode   Accuracy    Damage    Shots    Reload    Weight
                      Basic     (15)          Flame          ----------      3D6+10       ##           -              0

##-(One shot per game)

                              Reach     Damage     Parry penalty
Blade of Ochok        2            D10                -15%           (Daemon weapon- Corruption-WP 58)

Touch of Decay    Reach     Damage     Parry penalty
Blade of Ochok        --           2D10                -----

Abilities-

Force of Will
Hip shooting
Leader
Nerves of steel
True grit
Regeneration
Spit acid

Psychic powers-

Gaze of death
Enfeeble
Warp strength
Instability
Teleportation
Vortex of Chaos

Greatest Regards,

-][- Dreamer

Pls comment on weapon profiles and queries

You think your lag is bad! It took 3 days for Jesus to re-spawn!

http://tomechaotica.blogspot.com/

http://smalllasers.blogspot.com/

Re: Character back ground for reading

BobbieTheDamned
Administrator
Going to weigh in a little heavy here but I hope you understand why.

Apocalypsedreamer wrote
Couldn't my character be conceling him self through psychic powers or a Daemon etc.  Also last night I painted the model and wrote the character sheet plus extra rules concerning weapons.
Well from your description he's very heavily mutated, those with nurgle's rot arn't just a little sick they've got an aura of pestilence. I'd say he'd be found out very quickly, especially if he bumped into any kind of imperial authority that had dealt with nurgle before. So at his current level I'd say no, he's way to corrupted for him to simply pass off as a regular human, remember in most parts of the imperium even the slightly mutated are shunned as being touched by chaos. He'd also need to have access to imperial communications and a cover of some sort to get into the group. I'm not saying its impossible to play a nurgle aligned character in this campaign (infact kudos for suggesting it!), but its not going to be possible to play one that's at the level of a full blown chaos sorcerer . This guy would probably have to hide away from prying eyes to not draw attention to the cult, maybe one of his followers who's a lot less obvious could be sent?

Laeroch Nelf, Nurgle Cultist

WS  BS   S    T    I    WP  SG  NV  LD  SPEED
 70   50  60  87  60   85    50  57    90        4

Profile seems ok seeing as he's been hardened by nurgles rot, only thing I'd question is how he got so good in close combat.

                     Type    Range   Firing Mode   Accuracy    Damage    Shots    Reload    Weight
HellsMaw    Basic     (25)          Flame          ----------       3D6+2       OO        OO           30
just wondering what sort of weapon this is that it gets infinite shots, is it powered by the warp or something? That'd be incredibly unlikely for a cultist to be able to produce, only the eldar have really mastered warp weapons.

Nurgles Rot  Type    Range   Firing Mode   Accuracy    Damage    Shots    Reload    Weight
                      Basic     (15)          Flame          ----------      3D6+10       ##           -              0

##-(One shot per game)
I do however like the idea of being able to spit nurgle's rot, I'd massively reduce the range and damage though, probably range 6 and only D6 damage but if any of that penetrates the get infected with a poison that does 2D10 damage a turn until they pass their resistance check, probably give a hefty modifier on it too as its nurgle's rot.

                              Reach     Damage     Parry penalty
Blade of Ochok        2            D10                -15%           (Daemon weapon- Corruption-WP 58)

Touch of Decay    Reach     Damage     Parry penalty
Blade of Ochok        --           2D10                -----
Demonic weapon seems reasonable enough, though its another thing that will give him away, demonic weapons are pretty recognisable to those in the know.

Abilities-

Force of Will
Hip shooting
Leader
Nerves of steel
True grit
Regeneration
Spit acid

Psychic powers-

Gaze of death
Enfeeble
Warp strength
Instability
Teleportation
Vortex of Chaos
Now this is where you're going wrong. Abilities in inquisitor are very tempting, and they're all very useful, but they make the game very easy. I'd limit yourself to 3 abilities, maybe 4 if you lower some stats. I'd also limit your number of powers to a similar number.

Re: Character back ground for reading

Apocalypsedreamer
Laeroch Nelf, Nurgle Cultist

WS  BS   S    T    I    WP  SG  NV  LD  SPEED
 60   50  60  87  60   85    50  57    90        4

Equipment:
Blessed robes- Av-3
Filter Plugs

                     Type    Range   Firing Mode   Accuracy    Damage    Shots    Reload    Weight    (powered by lesr daemon?)

                      Basic     (6)          Flame            ----------       D6+10       ##           -              0

##-(One shot per game)

                              Reach     Damage     Parry penalty
Blade of Ochok        2            D10                -15%           (Daemon weapon- Corruption-WP 58)

Touch of Decay    Reach     Damage     Parry penalty
                                 --           2D10                -----

Abilities-

Leader
True grit
Regeneration
Spit acid

Psychic powers-

Gaze of death
Enfeeble
Instability
Vortex of Chaos

I've done him down and made the changes that Rob implied.  i understand comletely about the no hiding if you have pustules the size of as small planet on your backside side of things.  The back story for HellsMaw- Hells maw is a (former0 shot gun powered by a lesser daemon (plague bearer, nurgling etc.) that bellows out warp fire and hurts. it was given to him as a gift when he took over his former cult.  with the abilities i give him the ones that correspond to his characters background and then rely on the gm vettibng servicem to do him down so you did your job good.  also with the  WS I was using the cultist and mutant stats in the -][- rulebook as guidelines and going in-between those with a bit of tweaking and I had put the weapon skill on before meaning to change it but never getting round to it!  With the campaign couldn't there be two parties of adventurers one chaotic on imperial both trying to get the stuff for themselves?  He this profile is better.

Greatest Regards,

-][- Dreamer

ps- Proper job!! I have painted the model with a nice green glow effect shiiiiny

You think your lag is bad! It took 3 days for Jesus to re-spawn!

http://tomechaotica.blogspot.com/

http://smalllasers.blogspot.com/

Re: Character back ground for reading

Marchomer
I like this background! I know Inquisitor (a little bit) and I really like their models but I'm not a player.

Apocalypsedreamer wrote
I have painted the model with a nice green glow effect shiiiiny/>
Picture! Picture! Picture!
+ Other planes lie beyond the reach Of normal sense and common roads But they are no less real Than what we see or touch or feel. +

Re: Character back ground for reading

Apocalypsedreamer
OK people want pics so I'll appease the crowd with nice pictures.
Laeroch Nelf Nurgle cultist

You like? I like I do like very much

-][- Dreamer