skull mountain from pets in store... £13.99. pre painted. i thought it was not so bad to be honest.

13 Comments

Fenryz Fenryz

Re: COMMENT: aqarium terrain from pets in store

Thats a great dioramapiece :) Ive seen a couple of smaller skulls, some dinosaurlooking bones, etc that would fit in good too, maybe some work here and there.

We hobbyists cant stop thinking about how to use stuff we see, its a good habit :)
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: COMMENT: aqarium terrain from pets in store

NICE!

Chaos-y looking with a few places to stand, also instantly usable as it is and not too badly priced considering it's size, what's it made of?

Of course a few embellishments would really make it awesome - I'd put some scratch built balsa-wood doors or portcullises in those cave entrances, a few chaos shields and banner poles, a gnarled tree or 2 and maybe a walkway and steps around the top for a really Ian Miller inspired piece!
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
Sjeng Sjeng

Re: COMMENT: aqarium terrain from pets in store

lol very funny! makes me wonder if there's more cool aquarium stuff out there to use for miniature gaming xD
Eager HeroQuest newbie since july 2011 :D
Check my Custom EU format card sets!
Ye Olde Inn | HeroQuest blog with lots of usefull stuff
Fenryz Fenryz

Re: COMMENT: aqarium terrain from pets in store

Trixie, a german company makes a lot of stuff, viking helmets, skulls, tiny castles, etc. I was actually tempted to buy some acrylic crystals they made, thought about using them as props for the rpcampaign :p
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: COMMENT: aqarium terrain from pets in store

this is in some kinda resin, and exceptional quality. i ALWAYS look at aquarium stuff, rocks, plants ruins ect can often be awesome

visit your local garden center! also

top tip
. keep a cheap plastic two piece mini in your car, like the ones from black reach etc. they can be dead handy for scaling stuff you stumble upon...
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
jogar_t_hutt jogar_t_hutt

Re: COMMENT: aqarium terrain from pets in store

pet planit here i come, i did think about getting 1 of them coral as an explosion marker but...
Marchomer Marchomer

Re: COMMENT: aqarium terrain from pets in store

Fenryz wrote
We hobbyists cant stop thinking about how to use stuff we see, its a good habit :)
That's true!

Good find!
Now I will look at pet shops in a different way, indeed I will start to take a look to all this kind of stores in my city... Why didn't I think of that before?!?
+ Other planes lie beyond the reach Of normal sense and common roads But they are no less real Than what we see or touch or feel. +
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: COMMENT: aqarium terrain from pets in store

because i = rule
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
Fenryz Fenryz

Re: COMMENT: aqarium terrain from pets in store

Found your skullrock on Amazon, General - and 2 other that would fit perfectly as terrain - unfortunately the link is obscenely long to link here... Its being sold by a company called Blue Ribbon.

General Biakal General Biakal

Re: COMMENT: aqarium terrain from pets in store

thats them- awesome o. here is the link to pets at home...

aquarium terrain

however your second find is so brilliant iv cum a bit... nice one
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: COMMENT: aqarium terrain from pets in store

Fenryz wrote
that is just crying out to have some winding steps and a tall spindly watch-tower added to it!
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
Marchomer Marchomer

Re: COMMENT: aqarium terrain from pets in store

Other interesting things you could find in aquaium stores (or in this case, in those low cost stores full of everything):

These fake water plants are perfect for a sci-fi alien vegetation or an exotic fatasy jungle! I only make the bases and glued them on. Price for all the six plants: only 3€ (about 2,5£).
+ Other planes lie beyond the reach Of normal sense and common roads But they are no less real Than what we see or touch or feel. +
redfox4242 redfox4242

Re: COMMENT: aqarium terrain from pets in store

I now have this urge to go shopping at my local pet store.  I don't have a dog, cat or any other pet.  :)