Black Cat Bases

Posted by BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned
Black Cat have been making minis for a while but this was too cool not to post:

Well howdy parter!

£3 each, I think I'll have a few once my finances allow!

They currently seem to be producing a whole mixed bag of minis. Which is fine by me as it means they have a lot of pretty weird stuff which other manufactures wouldn't produce. Sculpting seems a bit variable, some are very nice others are a little crude but usually characterful. Prices are pretty cheap I think, normally £2 or £3 each for metal minis isn't to bad by today's standards.

Some other things they make (pretty much chosen at random):

Spawn, pretty cool, and only £3, got to go on the wish list.

Quite nice witch-hunter.

Armed clowns, surprisingly quite a few companies make these, but these look quite silly still.

A rat swarm, not that interesting, but nicely sculpted and significantly cheaper than the GW one.

5 Comments

MarkRG MarkRG

Re: Black Cat Bases

i like the rat swarm, looks pretty cool.
-- Mark RG (Game on)
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: Black Cat Bases

like the witch hunter... and the rats too. the latter could be used for necromunda or mordheim...
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
greenstuff_gav greenstuff_gav

Re: Black Cat Bases

curse you! i'm going to have to do an order for some rats and an orangutan (Inq28mm Jokaero anyone?) :D
also brains in jars :D
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: Black Cat Bases

greenstuff_gav wrote
orangutan (Inq28mm Jokaero anyone?) :D
GENIUS! Knew there was some reason to buy them.
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Black Cat Bases

yep, Black Cat do some great stuff, some of my personal favorites include:

 ^Book Golem, £4.00
(Imagine throwing this as wandering monster in a library room!)

 ^Cthulhu sprue £2.00

 ^Demon of knowledge £2.00

 ^Brain in Jar on Robot Body £2.50
(the ultimate retro-sci-fi monster!)

 ^Sci fi Cherub 1 £2.00
(great for Dark Angels or Inquisitors)

 ^Goblin with musket £2.00

 ^Rearing Shoggoth £15.00

... and loads more besides

I know Madam M, Cat Black and a few others will be interested in the following

 ^Cat Servant drawing sword £2.00

 ^Owlbear £3.00

In fact we havn't even began to scratch the surface here, go and look at the website, it is packed full of awesome figures you'll want to use for all kinds of games and genres including (but certainly not limited to); D&D, Necromunda, Call of Cthulu, Mordheim, Malifaux, Space Crusade, Paranoia, Post Apocalypse Sci-fi, Anthropomorphic Fantasy, Steam Punk, Historical Colonial Period, Retro Sci-fi, Modern Horror, Classic Horror and Occult WW2
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~