http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Beastmen.html

6 Comments

MarkRG MarkRG

Re: Beastmen for 40k

Nice they will fit in nicely with my lost and the damned army.

Game on
-- Mark RG (Game on)
Scumdog47 Scumdog47

Re: Beastmen for 40k

And in Old School Imperial Guard.
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: Beastmen for 40k

Yea I never really got why Imperial Guard in RT had beastmen though. The empire despising and persecuting mutants … and then having regiments of beastmen in their armies, just seemed really odd to me.
Ogryns and (god help us) Ratlings I can kinda understand, but goat headed, cloven hoofed beastmen …

Sci-fi beastmen are cool, but I feel they belong very much as part of the forces of chaos.
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
Scumdog47 Scumdog47

Re: Beastmen for 40k

I think it could be explained with a "Let's put them to use so they can die while serving our cause."
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: Beastmen for 40k

The official line was that they were a 'stable' mutation, like ogryns and ratlings, rather than a random chaotic mutation.
MarkRG MarkRG

Re: Beastmen for 40k

I was reading one of the 40K black lib novels a few years ago and it reminded me of a short story of a guardsman that had his troopship blown to bits, he escaped by escape pod and landed on a planet of monituar creatures that had churches all sworn to the imperiam. They continued to the fight against chaos forces.
-- Mark RG (Game on)