Battlecars Re-made in Micro Machine scale

Battlecars Re-made in Micro Machine scale

st0rmboy
Last year I found some photos of Micro machines scale Battlecars on Boardgame geek, I then made my own. I have re-done all the tiles, maps and tokens at twice the scale of the original. I used images off the web and textures I photographed on my walk to work. I converted 8 Micro machines which are now getting hard to get hold of, I got lucky at a toy fair and bought a box full much to the disappointment of some small children who wanted them... I still had to buy a copy of the original (for the rule book) off E-bay at a lucky low £22 but they are now hitting £70, way over priced. I have all as PDF files and I'm willing to share them, they are big files though.
I made the board double sided so I could have a city or desert theme with buildings and terrain to match each. Battlecars is not the best game in the world but it is good fun with the right group and the rules are simple to grasp.

Cars ready for Action. 4 to 8 players, play as teams or 2 cars each

City map and tiles

Desert map and tiles

For all the player vehicle sheets I used the excellent images from here http://www.headlesshollow.com

Re: Battlecars Re-made in Micro Machine scale

MortiS-the-Lost
Administrator
 Very nicely done!
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Battlecars Re-made in Micro Machine scale

markymark
Hi Stormboy

You mentioned you have the Battlecars rule book in PDF, I have been looking for it everywhere but unable to get my hands on one.  I am a brit living in New Zealand now and finding anything half decent in regards to gaming down here is neigh impossible.  Played battle cars as a kid and want to introduce my sons to it as I remember it being awesome.

If you could help I would appreciate it.
Mark

Re: Battlecars Re-made in Micro Machine scale

General Biakal
Its fair to say I have a bone on.
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch

Re: Battlecars Re-made in Micro Machine scale

cjbennett22
hey stormboy!

I want to play car wars but can not find an instruction booklet...you have everything as a pdf....could you share it please?

Re: Battlecars Re-made in Micro Machine scale

cjbennett22
I have instructions from e-bay now, made my turning keys.
By chance do you, stormboy still have your terrain pieces in pdf's please?

I am trying to get a simple board game for the family to play and I wanted to just put that setup that you there together, exactly how you have it.

Thank you much! hope you are still getting these

Re: Battlecars Re-made in Micro Machine scale

Billiam Babble
This all looks just fabulous.
I'm sure one of the draws to Car Wars was that with a little work you can use Hot Wheels cars.  I remember years ago that Battlecars was so easy just to pick up and play, although I remember it seeming to be very slow considering what what was actually happening on what seemed to be a tiny board, but this looks great.