Awful New Tomb Kings Models

Posted by MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost
So last month saw the released of Dredknight, which was the most ridiculous model I'd seen in a while ... until now!

Well done on the not bringing out stupid looking models front GW - you almost made it up to an entire month

and that's not the worst of it yet ... the same kit also makes this:

but wait there's more atrocities ... this is the cavalry choice:

and as is the trend with Warhammer kits at the moment, these are the alternate models you can build from the same box

actually these I don't mind so much, they kinda remind me of the original cover of Temple of Terror

anyway ... what the fuck happened to the Tomb Kings? Where are the Mummies? Where are the Lich-priests? the Skeleton Cavalry and the Chariots?

oh wait they did do some nice Khemri style Skeleton Warriors

it's a little sad to see the time of the proper multi-part plastic Skeletons pass though

8 Comments

messyart messyart

Re: Tomb Kings

I can see alternatives though.
So there is light at the end of that.. VERY dark tunnel.

Now we just need to see other peoples takes on these models..
Mankinds first mistake; Questioning why those around him, are dying.
BobbieTheDamned BobbieTheDamned

Re: Awful New Tomb Kings Models

Ouch the first two models are pretty atrocious. They look incredibly flat to me too, particularly the legs on in the first picture, really sub-par compared to what GW have done in the past. Neither of them make convincing monsters, I'm not sure why GW keep taking more and more steps backwards with their model design.

The skeletons riding the giant skeletal cobras just look ridiculous: the ballance is all wrong, and their weapons are to short to actually hit anyone from the height they're at. Just a bad design. I do however agree that the serpentmen alternative looks a little better, though I'd still want to replace the ends of the tails and the heads at the very least. I might be persuaded to buy the bits to make these, maybe with saurus heads, from a bits retailer. No way would I buy a box of them for £33.50 (nearly choked!) for three models.

The tomb guard look pretty good, I'd probably get a few (again through buying just the bits) if I ever wanted to do some Khemri themed undead.
jogar_t_hutt jogar_t_hutt

Re: Awful New Tomb Kings Models

you know i like that centor looking think i can see some older eldar players going "ooooo, new titan!"
messyart messyart

Re: Awful New Tomb Kings Models

I got some Saurus heads going spare if you need any :P
Mankinds first mistake; Questioning why those around him, are dying.
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: Awful New Tomb Kings Models

now i am gonna be very careful what i say, as i have only a passing interest in WHFB and zero minus infinity in LotR, but i rather like them. im sorry, i do. the only problem i have with the jet tiger thing with the howdah on is it looks too static.

the spinx type thing is ok, and lets be honest fucking well painted. and yes, i can hear eldar salivating!

the snake riders and the snake warrior things are not perfect but they are kooky

like the DE though, they really seem to be a painters army and average to poor painters will be looking down at some shocking looking models.

im hoping some of the ideas here are carried into necrons...
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
General Biakal General Biakal

Re: Awful New Tomb Kings Models

however iv just seen the fucking price of the bastards......... seriously, fantasy is so much more expensive than 40k
"WAAAAGH! VROOM VROOM!!! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Dead gud innit yoof?!" - typical Mekboy sales pitch
bailey:) bailey:)

Re: Awful New Tomb Kings Models

i think they look great
Scumdog47 Scumdog47