A "All possible Loadouts" Squad

timeactor
Hi!

I want to paint a Space Marine Squad for Space Crusade!

The catch is, that this squad shall work with Space Crusade & Mission Dreadnought, and represent all possible weapon loadouts (without using magnets). It should be possible to build all allowed squads, so the player can still freely choose what weapons he wants to take, and the player is not limited by the available painted marines.

So, I Guess I would need:

1-3 Commanders.
1 Tarantula
1 Spacemarine with Tarantula-Controlbox
3 Spacemarines with Heavy Weapon
3 Spacemarines with Extra Heavy Weapon
6 Space Marines with Bolters
======
13 Marines + Tarantula + Commander(s)

This is my calculation:
3 Commanders, easy.
6 Spacemarines with Heavy(3) + Extra Heavy(3) weapon guys. Easy calculation.
1 Spacemarine with Tarantula-Controlbox (+ Tarantula)
5 Bolter guys (max 3 for Original SpaceCrusade, +1 in case a Heavy Weapon jams, 1 for mission Dread) - ok?
1 additional Bolter guy just to make sure! - hm ... ooo-kay ..

You see .. I struggle with knowing all the rules, and how many Bolter Marines are needed.

Is my Math correct?

Thanks a lot for helping clearing this up,
Timeactor

Re: A "All possible Loadouts" Squad

MortiS-the-Lost
Administrator
Looks about right - a good way to check your workings would be to count the number of weapons per team contained in the main-box and expansions.
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: A "All possible Loadouts" Squad

timeactor
Thanks a lot for the valueable hint!

There are three bolters in the core box, and two in the dreadnought-expansion. this makes for 5 bolterguys.

Feeling confident now, that 5 bolterguys are enough.  :-)

Re: A "All possible Loadouts" Squad

ALAC
Nice, I am already in the progress of doing just such a thing.

I  place the Space Crusade weapons on new Warhammer figures to add some more diversity and animation to the board.
Added the new warhammer weapons, so the players may choose between a old plasma rifle or a new one.
This for UltraMarines, Blood Angels and Imperial Fists.

The androids are replaced with Necron warriors, same for the orks.

And I am thinking of inserting a "Special weapons" section for the flamers, Grav-gun and Melta-gun. (last one is like a small fusion gun?)

Still got to replace the Eldar with a new version.

Re: A "All possible Loadouts" Squad

timeactor
I'd love to use just old metal miniatures for (all of) them :-)

And, my problem with the Space Marines, that are 40k and not Space Crusade: The Shoulderpads are different. On  the 40k-models, the shoulders are oval, like a quartered bonbon (elliptical) . Space Crusade's Spacemarines' shoulderpadsare more like exact quarter-circles. This gives them a distinct look, that I can not replicate with original 40k miniatures ...

Nitpicking, I guess...