Whilst I'm on here (ha ha ha) I might as well let everyone else know that if you go sign up on blacktree's new webstore you earn yourself a 35% discount!! Apparently its PERMINANT too so why the hell are you guys (and ladys) still reading this?

3 Comments

Umboman Umboman

Re: 35% discount from Black Tree Designs

Thanks for that,even though they lost the BBC licence for Dr Who they still can sell 'old' cast figures.................just in case I have misplaced the odd one?When I dealt with them they were located in Birmingham in the 90's,but they moved to Penzance to save money I think.It was rumoured they were going bust but the proprieter assured me they were not..........but it is odd that they changed the name from Harlequin Miniatures & then relocated to Cornwall?For that reason I have been very wary of buying more figures from them,also I guess Dr who was a good earner for them-they kept on releasing obscure Dr Who characters right up until they lost their licence......Like an idiot I bought them,now years later I have not got a clue who they are supposed to be?I have a bucket of them,luckily I off loaded the Dr Who Wargames sets that I had in boxes for £250 on ebay.I had so many figures that it became a burden/chore & not a pleasure to paint them.'Less is more' for me.
The Prodigal son
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: 35% discount from Black Tree Designs

Many years ago I used to work for Black Tree, back when I lived in Penzance and had the honor of working along side Tony Ackland

As far as I'm aware Black Tree didn't loose their Dr Who RPG licence it was just never extended to cover the new series (another company now publishes a Dr Who RPG that covers the 9th, 10th and I assume the 11th doctor)
you can still buy the Dr Who minis check out: http://www.blacktreedesign.com/uk/home.php?cat=2297

One thing Black Tree did loose the license for was their Lord of the Rings range, which they rather sneakily continued to sell under the name 'Legions of the Realm' until recently

Black Tree's miniatures vary in quality, some are very nice and on par with Citadel ranges from the 90's, most are fairly average and a few are terrible. Me, Big Cat and Mark had some trouble with their mail-order service, but do you get a lot of miniatures for your money

In fact Harlequin Miniatures did go bust, Black Tree was a company created to buy-up Harlequin's ranges and continue to sell them.
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~
MortiS-the-Lost MortiS-the-Lost

Re: 35% discount from Black Tree Designs

BTW just thought, Heresy do a bunch of miniatures inspired by (read knocked off with out a license) the new Dr Who series that you might be interested in

here's just a few: